X. a coincidence, or fate?

song: good parts (when the quality is bad but i am)-le sserafim

moonbyeol

i loved animals so much! especially cats and dogs. hearing jisung say he worked at a cat cafe was music to my ears. to be honest, his voice is literally music to my ears. i'm getting distracted.

after we said our goodbye's to each other, i was aimlessly roaming around the streets, before finding a bench to rest. i took out my phone and started scrolling.. it really did suck my time into a void of mindlessness, because by the time i looked up again the sun was setting. i sighed.

i had to go back home at some point. and so i started my journey to a home, which wasn't homely at all. when i reached there, i tried to silently unlock the door with my keys. i walked in, trying to get to my room without being noticed. either she actually didn't notice me or she didn't care.

it was 8:45PM. dinner should have been served 45 minutes ago. i peeked out to check the dining table, only to see no food there. then i directed my attention to my mother who was watching tv. she had a paper bowl in her hands, she was eating pasta. so she got food for herself. i guess she forgot about me.

i silently made my way to the fridge, examining its insides. there wasn't much food, except old bread. i took two slices out, put them on a plate and ran back to my room. circumstances like this had occurred before. so i took measure then, and hid a lot of snacks in my room.

i pulled out the jar of nutella from under my bed, and spread it on the bread.

yunjin<3 - incoming call

"hello?" i asked into the phone while stuffing my face with the bread. "hi, just wanted to check in, how you doing?" i smiled dryly "mom didn't bother to make food, surviving on some arbitrary snacks, what about you?" i said, knowing she realized that this was normal. 

"bro, is your house some sort of warfield?" 

"feels like it"

"stay strong sister"

"thought you were my wife though?" i joked. "oh yeah, stay strong, love of my life" we both laughed. "so what about you?" i asked, not wanting to come off as an attention seeker.

"nothing much" she said nonchalantly. "ok my mom's calling, i need to go, bye!" she quickly said before hanging up. i stared at her contact screen mindlessly for some time. i decided to get up and leave the house. it's not like anyone cares anyway.

i pulled my hoodie over my head and left, right in front of my mom. as predicted, she didn't notice. after i was a good distance away from my house, i searched for nearby cafes. 

'cuddle's & coffee: cat cafe' caught my attention. it seemed that the heaven's heard my call and allowed the blessing of cat cafe's to grace me earlier than planned. i immediately searched and followed directions. once i had reached, i tilted my head up to the signboard. the cafe name was in white, the eye-pleasing font matching the aesthetics. there was a logo of a paw right next to the title. the door chimed when i walked in.

my introverted nature vanished, the second i saw the cats and kittens. my lips slowly curled up and grew into a wide smile as i rushed to get those fluffy creatures  in my lap. there were cushions and low tables to make it easier to play with the cats, as well as regular furniture for those who simply wanted to watch. hanging plant-pots were dangling above the counter, and the mellow yellow lighting accentuated the interior.

a particularly lovable kitten crawled into my lap, sniffed my finger and started licking it. i was melting. "hi baby, what's your name?" i asked myself and softly tilted its head to get a look at the nametag. the text was faded. so i decided to ask the boys at the counter for its name, and also order a coffee.

as i carried the kitten in my arms, i took my time getting to the counter. but the moment the barista and i noticed each other, i realized he was quite familiar.