III. will you really come back?

song: nobody like u - 4*TOWN

moonbyeol

the mysterious, and unexpectedly handsome person just walked in without offering an explanation.

"are you here for the ball?" i asked carefully, knowing the answer.

"what else did you think?" he said aggressively, before his features changed into one displaying regret.

"oh, i'm sorry. no one ever comes here." i said softly again, secretly disappointed because i was subconsciously looking for company. i turned my head to my empty notebook, as if its blank pages were imitating the emptiness i felt right now.

"no i'm sorry, i didn't mean to speak to you like that." he almost immediately replied, before getting the ball, approaching me and peeking into my notebook. as he got closer, nuri started barking.

"oh! i didn't see the dog! he's so cute, what's his name?" he excitedly said. his mood changes quicker than i can fall asleep in class, i thought to myself. i watched him switch from excitement to panic in seconds.

"oh, wait! is it a girl? man, i keep messing up!" he said, now angry at himself. aside from looking adorable, he acted like it too. i couldn't help but let a small smile crawl up on my face.

"yeah she is a girl, her name's nuri" i quietly said before calming the dog down, still not accustomed to social interaction. at that moment, i'm sure that both of us felt insanely awkward, not knowing what to do next. though he was absolutely charming, it was hard to strike a conversation. 

"what's that notebook for?" he asked before chuckling at my panicked state. 

"oh, i come here to write down my thoughts, but today nothing seems to be formulating. i'm just distracted i guess." i chose not to tell him about my passion for songwriting.

he sat down next to me. i didn't realize he was standing all this time. 

"sometimes i reach a similar state of mind" he began, "where i just seem to be freed from the shackles of consciousness. the whirlwind of thoughts, feelings, emotions, just everything expands so much that it becomes one with the emptiness. the void that it creates leaves me questioning-  " 

he stopped suddenly, looking at my awe inspired expression, but i didn't want him to stop. no one ever thinks of it that way, he puts it so well.

"that was deep" i chuckled. i hoped to have diffused some tension from the air. so for a while we both were just observing our environment. he looked up at the sky, dazed, in his own thoughts i presumed.

so i looked up too, trailing my eyes across the pastel hues of the giant space, the constant, but slow movement of the sun, and the sailing clouds, hoping i could find some meaning somewhere. then suddenly, he snapped out of his trance when his phone rang, and looked around frantically for it, panicked for the second time today.

"oh shit i've been here for half an hour, my friends will be worried" he said looking guilty, getting up and reaching for the ball.

"oh ok." i was disappointed, but what could i have expected?

"i'm really sorry, you better be here tomorrow, because i will" he rushed through his words mid way out of the garden and flashed the cutest smile i have ever seen. i tried smiling back and waved. he took that as a confirmation to run out.

....

a/n: so this wasnt even that bad what do yall think?