Chapter 1-The Introduction

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1-The Introduction

Slade Kosolov's POV

"We hijacked the truck and took everything in it."

I grinned and shifted my jaw.

"The men?"

Erik grinned, "Dead. All six of them. Our team of three took them down easily." I smirked and turned to face Erik. "Great."

"Unfortunately we had to dispose of Mikael's teacher. She saw some things that weren't supposed to be...seen."

"I don't give a fuck. We have to continue to spite them in some way."

Erik frowned, "We only either have to get rid of them or take over them. Which is almost impossible either way."

"Don't you think I know that? If only Barone had a family. We could use them against him. We just take Barone out of the equation and we can take over." I said thoughtfully.

Alexi Barone. The very bane of my existence. He was the leader of the Italian Mob in Chicago and ever since he took charge, he had been causing trouble for my gang. We were arch enemies. However, he didn't have any family.

I shifted my jaw thoughtfully, "I'm sure he has family. We just need to know who and where they are."

Erik shrugged before grabbing his car keys and gun and turned to leave. "I have to head home now. Mira and Mikael are expecting me for dinner. But tomorrow we could have our usual drinks?"

I rolled my eyes and waved him off, "Yeah yeah. Sure whatever."

"Would you want to join us for dinner? Mira and Mikael miss your ugly face." Erik smirked and I scoffed and smirked, "No thanks. I have plans." The door burst open and a leggy blonde strutted in.

Erik raised his eyebrows and rolled his eyes, "I see. Why do I even bother asking?" With that he left.

"Hi sweetheart. What can I help you with?" I smirked suggestively at the blonde in front of me as she strutted towards me. "I like sucking on lollipops. Especially the big hard ones." She gave me a seductive smile.

I smirked and gestured for her to come towards me and with that she threw herself on me.

***

Miranda Barone's POV

"I really wish you would not have come to stay in Chicago."

I raised an eyebrow and stacked more boxes onto the bed. "Why would you feel that way?"