Chapter 22-The Christening

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 22-The Christening

Miranda Barone's POV

"So what do you think?" 

Slade scrutinised me before running his hand through his hair, "I think it's okay. But it'll look better if you take it off."

I rolled my eyes before turning away and smoothing down my dress. "I'm playing with you. I think you look really nice."

Slade murmured as his arms wrapped around me from the back. I smiled and turned slightly to face him, "I hope so, I'm meeting your best friends and their family and they're like your family."

"I'm more worried about you meeting them." He grumbled as he tightened up his tie. My eyes wandered over to his suit. Why did he have to look so sexy in a suit? Stupid. He looked dangerously beautiful especially with his tattoos. Unfortunately his dragon tattoo on his torso was hidden by his dress shirt and jacket.

I smoothed down my emerald green day dress and slipped on my white heels. "Ready?" I nodded and took a deep breath. We had landed in New York only yesterday night and was staying in this hotel for a day before moving into Damien's home whom I had met before after the christening.

Slade drove us to a pretty elegant church and he tightened his grip around my waist as we stepped in. I straightened my back as gazes swung towards us. It seemed that all of New York's elite society members were here.

"You didn't tell me it was this fancy." I hissed at Slade who rolled his eyes. "I didn't know it'll be that important to you." He responded and acknowledged a nod from someone in the crowd. "I didn't know you knew anyone here." I murmured and tightened my grip on his hand. "I'm a business man as well Mel. Don't you know that?"

I nodded absently and clutched onto his hand tighter. There were too many beautiful woman that was eyeing Slade and I didn't like it. A smirk crossed his plump lips and he obviously knew what I was doing but thankfully he didn't say a thing. "I know but-"

I cut myself off when a pretty blonde woman holding a child approached us. "Slade!"

It was at this moment when a little boy crashed into me. "Oops sowry!" I looked down and almost melted at how cute and adorable the little boy was. I looked up and Slade greeted. "Hello Olivia."

The woman beamed at us before her gaze shifted to me with interest. "You must be Mel. Trevor dear, come here." The little boy ran to the woman and I glanced at her wildly, "Uh yes?"

Slade groaned annoyed before glaring at Olivia, "Would you just go away?"

Olivia smirked and smiled at me, "I'm sorry. I've heard about you from Adrianna. I'm Olivia Henderson, Slade's best friend's wife." She gave me a beam and held the hand of the boy who I assumed was her son. "This is Trevor, my two year old son. And this is Savannah." She beamed as she held the toddler in her arms.