Chapter 12-The Apology

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 12-The Apology

Slade Kolosov's POV

And to think that I actually thought you weren't such a monster even though I've heard all the terrible stories about you.

I scowled ferociously and flung the bottle of beer against the wall. Did Mel really think that I am a monster? The smashing sound of it echoed around the room and I clenched my jaw.

Fine, if she already thinks that I'm a monster? Why not prove it to her? I could be the very devil if I wished.

"Slade. What are you doing?" Mira asked in concern as she entered my home as I stared out into the fireplace coldly.

"Thinking. What are you doing here?" I replied tonelessly.

"I was worried about you. Erik has been saying that you've gone out of control." Mira replied before sitting beside me. "Look, I get you. We're all shocked, stunned, horrified that Mel is Alexi Barone's sister."

I glared at Mira coldly, "Would you fucking leave me alone."

Mira glared back at me, "You don't scare me Slade."

"Why not? I'm a monster." I said carelessly as I downed another gulp of beer, enjoying the burn as it went down my throat.

Mira sighed, "You're not a monster. Not after how I've seen the way you treat Mel."

I ignored her comment and scowled, Miranda fucking Barone. Who would've thought?

"I know you're ignoring me. But... I've seen the way you interact with her. She brings out a side of you I've never seen before. Someone that cares for other people then themselves."

I remained silent and Mira took it as an opportunity to continue, "Speaking of Mel, I don't think she even knows that Alexi Barone is in the Mafia."

I scoffed, "What drugs are you on Mira? They're fucking siblings. Of course she would've known."

Mira shook her head with a thoughtful expression on her face. "Yes, they may be siblings but I think Barone could've kept her in the dark. Even though the Italian Mafia was always run by a Barone, I think this time, their parents and Alexi himself might not have told Miranda her true history."

I frowned before swallowing more of the liquor, "Why do you say that?"

Mira gave me a small smug smirk, "Here's where things get interesting, I've been monitoring Mel's communication system ever since you and her had a falling out. The interesting thing is that she has not even contacted anyone from the Italian Mafia. Normally, someone who went for an undercover job would inform their superiors that their cover has been blown.