Chapter 25-The Coddling & The Club

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 25-The Coddling & The Club

Miranda Barone's POV

My head was pounding.

I opened my eyes and winced at how bright the room was. I looked around and didn't recognised the room I was in. Noticing how white everything seemed, I froze. Was I in a hospital? What the heck happened?

I sat up slowly and winced as the pain in my head worsened. I looked around the room and frowned. Where was Slade? My neck burned and I touched it gingerly feeling a bandage over it.

Right! The man-Lionel cut me with a knife. I winced at the memory and touched my cheek where he had hit me. It was tender and really sensitive.

The door opened and I hoped it was Slade. Instead, it was Mark and what caught my attention was the large bandage covering his cheek. "Mel! You're awake!" He exclaimed and shut the door before rushing over to me.

"What happened to you? Why is there a bandage on your face?" I questioned and my throat hurt. Mark laughed, and poured me a glass of water from the jug in the room.

"You should've seen the other guy. He's worse." He grinned at me and I smiled. "What happened? Where am I? And where's Slade?"

Mark's grin faded and a more serious expression took place. "You're in the Russian Mob's infirmary. You had a concussion and you had a knife wound from the attack. Do you remember?"

I nodded before inhaling sharply, "Are you and Tony alright?" I questioned instantly as I remembered that Lionel had told Carter that a Jonny and Joe were after Mark and Tony.

Mark nodded. "Yes we are. Tony just had a broken arm and some bruises while I also had bruises and a large cut on my face, hence the bandage." I gasped and guilt hit me like a speeding train. It was my fault that Mark and Tony were hurt.

Mark noticed my horrified expression and shook his head. "Hey Princess. Don't worry about it. I've had worse and I'm sure Tony did. Besides we half failed at our job at protecting you. I mean I almost fainted when I saw you on the ground staring at the sky with a cut on your neck."

"I'm sorry I put you guys in danger." I bit my lip and Mark shook his head before shooting me a glare. "Stop apologising. Besides we signed up for it by being in a gang. So stop apologising."

I nodded reluctantly and Mark gave me a bright grin. "How long have I been sleeping?"

Mark shrugged, "Almost a whole day."

"Oh." I murmured before realising Mark hadn't answered one of my questions. "Where's Slade?" Mark puffed out his cheeks before exhaling deeply. "Getting his revenge."

My eyes widened, "What do you mean by that?" Mark shot me an uncertain glance before sitting down onto the chair beside my bed.