Chapter 20-The Relationship

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 20-The Relationship 

Slade Kolosov's POV

Something was moving on my bed. I swear if Erik played another one of his stupid pranks, he is dead. I opened my eyes and instead of meeting a few rabbits and birds on my bed like the last time, I was met with Mel's face snuggling into the crook of my neck.

My scowl faded and my eyes took in her appearance. Her vanilla and honey scent filled my nose and I couldn't hep but pull her a little closer to me so I could inhale it even more.

Her long eyelashes dusted across high cheekbones and her hair was fanned across my pillows like shiny ribbons. Shit, when the hell had I been getting so cheesy? I guess it was something about Mel that pulled me in. I didn't know what it was, but I didn't seem to mind.

Truth was, I cared about Mel way more than I ever did for anyone else. My eyes raked over her body and a sense of satisfaction bloomed as I took in her slender frame wearing one of my shirts. She really did look good in them. I guess it was my ego that was inflated seeing that my girl was wearing one of my shirts.

Mel shifted on the bed before pressing herself against me and I stiffened. I was so hard it hurt and I knew Mel wasn't ready for that. I got off the bed and took a cold shower. I wanted Mel, there was no denying that, but I respected her and if she wasn't ready, I wouldn't push her.

Sometimes, I hated that Mel could read me so easily and how much she affected me. I guessed it was a blessing and a curse. A double edged sword perhaps. One that could help me or ruin me.

I scowled at my reflection and my gaze drifted to the cross necklace I had around my neck. It belonged to my mother who was very religious. Not that I was but it was something that reminded me of her. Dark thoughts began to enter and I pushed them away. I didn't need them in my life now, I had other things to think about.

Like how would Barone react if he knew that his sister was in my home and we were together? Mel and I. Together. The thought made me smile. I was surprised that Mel figured out what I had been doing. She was smart that was for sure.

I wanted her with me because somehow, the nightmares never came when she was around. The nightmares of my childhood. When it was clear that simple persuasion would not make her move into the same room as me, I had to use sly methods to do it. And surprisingly, Mel figured it out sooner than I thought.

My mouth twitched, I really had been hanging out too much with those women I constantly bedded who probably didn't know the difference between their right and their left. I ran my fingers through my hair, shifting my jaw when I caught sight of one of the scars on my chest.

I shut my eyes before glaring at my reflection and turned away. I donned on a shirt before making my way down to make coffee that Mel probably needed. I didn't know why Mel was so obsessed with the dark bitter beverage when hard liquor was actually better but who was I to judge?

"Hey boss." Mark called out to me as he entered my home and I rolled my eyes in response. "Since when do you make coffee? You hate it." I grunted out, "It's for Mel." Mark opened his mouth to comment before shutting it and gave me a knowing grin. "Okay then."