Chapter 8-The Jealousy

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 8-The Jealousy

Miranda Barone's POV

I hadn't really seen Slade ever since we agreed to be friends. It was a few weeks since then. Sure we talked briefly when he came to pick Mikael from kindergarten but that was it. And I came to a realization that he was nothing like what people in Chicago claimed he was. People said that he was a monster, capable of killing his own flesh and blood. To me, he was simply misunderstood. Yes, he was a criminal; a gang leader, most probably a murderer, but I didn't see him as a monster.

He may be crude, arrogant and domineering, but he was actually nice to be around. And it was weird but I actually missed his overbearing presence and his dry humor. I sighed before sipping at my cup of coffee and the door to my apartment burst open and Slade walked in casually.

I gave him a glare and crossed my arms, "You really have to stop barging into my home unannounced. What if I wasn't dressed?"

Slade gave me a charming grin, "Than I would have to barge in unannounced even more."

I scoffed but a wry smile sneaked onto my lips. "You are incorrigible. What are you doing here anyway?"

He shrugged, looking really hot with his dark blonde curls in a mess with stubble all over his jaw. "I'm sending you to school before picking you up and then we're going for dinner."

"Really? We're having dinner as friends right?" I clarified.

"Yes. If that's what you want." Slade's response was clipped and cold. I rolled my eyes at his change of mood before continuing to sip at my coffee. "Will you hurry up? I have an appointment to get to." Slade grumbled and I gave him a skeptical glance. "You can go for your appointment first, I'm not ready to leave yet."

He narrowed his eyes at me, "Get changed, I'm sending you whether you like it or not."

I rolled my eyes, and gave in. I recognized the look he sent me which meant that he had reached his limit. And today, I didn't feel like pushing him even further. I reached my bedroom and shut it firmly before locking it and I took my time slipping on a skirt and a blouse.

"Would you hurry up? If not, I'm going in there to strip you."

I gasped indignantly before yelling, "Well its too bad you can't because I'm standing here in the nude!" Which was a lie considering I was already dressed but he didn't know that. I smirked to myself and the door burst open.

"You pervert!" I yelled, stunned.

"Well, you're a liar." Slade scoffed as he took in my already dressed form.

I glared at him before brushing past him to check my door. "You broke my lock!"

Slade rolled his eyes, "The door still works and you live alone." He stated and I frowned, "Yes but with you barging in, I need a lock. Well maybe two locks." I added when I realised Slade could break into my room even though it was locked.