Chapter 19-The Rooming Issues

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 19-The Rooming Issues

Miranda Barone's POV

"Why do you women need so much stuff?" Mark grumbled as he heaved some of my items into the guest room Slade had given me. I rolled my eyes at his complaining. "Quit grumbling and stop being such a baby about it." I ordered and slowly unpacked some of my belongings. Mark let out a huff before a sly grin crossed his face, "Why aren't you staying with Slade in his room since the both of you are always stuck together?"

I scowled at Mark, "Because I like privacy." I stated before folding some of Alexi's shirts that I always wore to sleep into a drawer.

Mark snorted, "I'm sure that's the only reason."

"It is!" I insisted and Mark smirked. "Or are you just trying to hide the fact that you and Kolosov would be sleeping together if you guys shared a room? No wonder he's been in such a good mood recently. If that's the case, you should wear this, he likes black lace." Mark pulled out a black lacy bra from my lingerie drawer that I had already packed.

My face turned bright red in mortification before I snatched the item away before stuffing it back into the drawer. "Okay that is it! Get out!"

Mark exploded into laughter as he sauntered out of my room smugly. I shook my head, that boy needed some help.

It was only yesterday did I move in with Slade. He had given me the same room I stayed in previously. The room was pretty and it had a ensuite bathroom and a pretty large wardrobe considering it was in a freaking penthouse!

Slade had shown me around his home yesterday and apparently his room was opposite mine. Also, he had been dropping subtle-but not that subtle-hints for me to share his room. Of course, I pretended to not catch them and I knew Slade knew that I was pretending to not catch them but he let it slide.

Slade's house was really roomy and it had two levels. He even had space for a grand piano in his home. Slade had already shown me around his home and his room was pretty big and surprisingly it was really neat.

I looked around my room and I couldn't help but wonder what would my brother's reaction be if he knew that I was staying in the same house as Slade Kolosov. Most probably, he would burst a vein or something. I missed my brother but I was not going to extend an olive branch until he apologised first. I really had pride issues.

Staying together with Slade was going to be something different, that was for sure. I mean it was pretty domesticated and stuff. Like this morning, I had made breakfast for us like how couples did that stayed together. Were we even a couple? We kissed but did that make us a couple?

I pursed my lips and sighed. I had dated before and it was pretty clear and straight forward if the guys I had dated and I were together. But Slade? I didn't have a direct admission from him that we were together. Ugh. I didn't know. What were we?! I groaned before pushing all thoughts about Slade and I away and concentrated on packing my stuff.