Chapter 6-The Dinner & The Fork

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 6-The Dinner And The Fork 

Miranda Barone's POV

"What?" I echoed dumbly as I stared into crystal blue eyes. "What do you mean?"

Slade simply smirked in response and lowered his face so his gaze levelled mine. My lips parted and I couldn't help but shiver when his eyes darted to them and darkened. Moving backwards to put some distance between us, I met his gaze evenly, "I want you to leave me alone. I mean it. I don't want anything to do with all of this."

He simply raised an eyebrow, "The good girl always fall for the bad boy. Isn't that the saying?"

"I'm serious. I don't want to be involved with the Russian Mob and that includes you." I said quietly as my eyes burned into his seriously. I moved away from him and unlocked my car.

I stopped and turned around, realising that Slade was watching me. I couldn't help myself and gave one last parting shot. "Who said I was a good girl anyway?" With that, I got into my car and drove off.

***

Ever since that day, I hadn't seen Slade around and I was relieved and yet I was slightly disappointed. My adventure was over and I was back to my ordinary life and it was stupid but I was pretty flattered that Slade Kolosov was interested in me.

I mean he was someone who people looked up to and feared and I couldn't help feel the butterflies in my stomach when I saw him or talked to him. But him leaving me alone was for the best. If Slade entered my life, so would danger and that came with being involved with someone who was a criminal. I didn't need that in my life or in Alexi's.

Being involved with someone like Slade Kolosov could bring danger to myself and everyone around me. And also Slade was probably just messing around with me. It was clear that he thought he was God's gift to women and thus, it was fairly obvious he was a playboy. I certainly didn't want to be his next conquest.

Thus, it was pretty good that Slade was leaving me alone than why was I disappointed? I let out a heavy sigh, it was now Saturday, also known as grocery shopping day. I would be cooking dinner tomorrow as Alexi would be coming to my apartment for dinner.

I pushed my hair back behind my ears and got into the MPV and drove to the grocery store. I shouldered my purse and grabbed a trolley and went down the aisles.

Alexi should like beef lasagna and meat balls, being the huge meat lover he was. I pushed the trolley to the frozen department and studied the various meatballs and chose one packet and threw it in.

"You should probably buy another one. I eat a lot. Maybe with some baked potatoes."

I jumped in fright and whirled around to see him standing there with his signature smirk on his face while his eyes glimmered with amusement.