5 - Confession

Today was Hanni's second day of leaving her dearest Eggnoid alone. This time, she gave her quite a few ground rules such as: no eating anything from the fridge, she can only eat the foods that Hanni had cooked for her earlier, no making a mess, and no to opening the door to strangers.  The girl tried her best to convince herself to trust Minji and let's just say it was enough for her not to tape the fridge shut. 

The day went by pretty normally, except for the fact that the three girls felt really suspicious about their best friend's recent behaviour. Well, they weren't to blame. Hanni had in fact been really off for the past two days. Not only had she been ignoring conversations, but she also seemed to be in her own world even when her favourite teacher, Mr. Hwang Hyunjin, was lecturing her for not paying attention in his class. 

This wasn't the Hanni they knew. 

Of course, like any other best friends would, Danielle, Haerin, and Hyein were worried. They'd even made a groupchat without Hanni last night to come up with conclusions as to why the girl had been ignoring the world. After some reflections, they decided that Hanni either got pregnant, broke up with Soobin, or something happened with her aunt. Because there was no way that she was angry at the girls, they hadn't been doing anything wrong to her or to each other ever since the four got close after being arch nemesis in volleyball in year 10. 

Long story short, Hanni and Danielle were in the best volleyball team in the whole school until Haerin and Hyein's team decided to challenge them. And that was the start of the three years long drama. In spite of their deep hatred for each other, they secretly admired the other team for their skills; hence why they decided that it was best to keep a close relationship to one another after finding out that they were all going to the same University -- HYBE University. Who knew that they were going to end up in the same volleyball team after all?

What was even more shocking was when Hanni and Hyein found Haerin and Danielle making out in the girls bathroom. It was truly a cultural reset for the group. The two single ladies were sure that it would've been much more than a make out session if they weren't there to expose them. 

"Guys, where's Hanni?" Haerin asked after getting changed into her compression shirt that became the reason to why Danielle kept eyeing her up and down. 

"We don't know, we've been looking for her everywhere. She hasn't even responded to any of my texts." Hyein replied, then gave a disgusted look when she noticed the girl next to her eyeing her girlfriend like she was her last meal. "Dani, you could not make it more obvious that you want to rip that shirt off of her."

Danielle bit her lip, "I'd prefer if she kept it on actua-"

"Okay! Let's practice, shall we?" Hyein stopped Danielle from further explaining her and Haerin's sex life.

The couple giggled at their best friend's response.

Fifteen minutes into their practice, the missing finally made her appearance. It was clear that she ran to the gymnasium since she was now gasping for air.  Her presence caught the three girls' attention. They stopped in the middle of their practice and approached Hanni with both worried and angry faces.

"Dude! Where have you been?!" Danielle asked in rage, followed by Hyein's rant about the fact that Hanni hadn't been asnwering her texts or calls. 

"Guys, let her explain first." Haerin handed her an unopened bottle of water which she got from another one of her admirers. The girl respected her future wife so much that she stopped consuming or wearing the gifts that her admirers gave her ever since Danielle confessed her feelings. In spite of that, the cat-eyed girl got tired of having to keep rejecting the gifts, so instead, she either gave them to Hanni or Hyein.