7 - A Friendly Visit

Never in Hanni's life had she ever wanted to throw herself off of a cliff as much as she did at this moment. Out of all the 365 days in a year, the two most important adults to her had to choose today to visit. It really was the worst timing ever.

How was Hanni going to explain the other girl who'd been living with her and will probably continue to do so? Even if she was going to hide Minji, where was the Eggnoid going to stay?

No, it would be too cruel of her to leave Minji with a stranger.

Eventually, Hanni did the only thing she could do. That was to hide Minji in the closet.

"H- Hanni ah, I can't fit," Minji stuttered as she continued to push herself in.

Hanni sighed, knowing that if her only plan didn't work, she might end up being questioned by the police after her uncle reported her for having an illegal property. Luckily, the girl never seemed to run out of ideas. She found a screwdriver in her desk and unattached some parts of her closet so there would be more space for the Eggnoid to fit in.

She was pained when she had to witness Minji sitting on her dearest clothes, flattening them.

This better be worth it, she told herself.

Minji didn't really understand the reason to why she had to hide herself from the two people that were supposedly Hanni's family. Although she was a bit sad about the thought that her owner might not love her as much as she though she did, obeying Hanni was the least that she could do. Maybe that way, she would finally earn her love.

Soon enough, a knock was heard from the door. Hanni tidied her t-shirt and her hair even though her uncle was probably going to ruffle it as soon as he saw her.

And she was right.

"Hey! Hey! You ruined my hair!" She slapped the man's hand away from her head, causing a laugh to escape his mouth.

"Honey, stop it!" The woman next to her told him. She then turned her gaze to Hanni and gave her a warm hug.

"How have you been Aunt Jihyo?" Hanni asked, but the woman didn't answer and continued to crush the girl's bones. When the hug became too suffocating, Hanni pushed her away. "O- okay, you can let go now,"

Hanni loved her aunt, but this habit of hers was one of the things that Hanni wished would disappear overtime. Because if she was going to continue crushing her bones, she might as well dismember Hanni's limbs.

"Oh! I'm so sorry, I just haven't seen you in quite some time." Jihyo smiled adoringly at the girl, "God, you've grown so much, look at you!" She tucked a hair strand behind her niece's ear. Her eyes teared up a little, remembering the sight of younger Hanni in her arms.

Oh, how fast the night changed.

"It's only been a year." Hanni giggled.

"But you've changed a lot! The last time I visited, everything about you was short, I mean your hair, and height," Jihyo's words made the man chuckle.

"Only her hair grew, what are you talking about?" Her husband giggled.

Hanni rolled her eyes, "Oh, c'mon!"

The short haired woman then grabbed the green bag that her husband was holding, giving it to her niece. "Here, I cooked some stuff for you and your friends." She said and made her way inside Hanni's flat as if it was her own. To be fair, she'd visited the place too many times to know where everything was; hence why she started heating up the food for the three people to eat as soon as she stepped in.

Whilst Jihyo was busy doing her own thing -- she never liked to be disturbed while cooking --, Hanni decided that it was the perfect time to make a conversation with her uncle.