13 - Staff Room

A/n: pookies, I'm so sorry for the late update, I was in another country for family matters and was barely on my phone 😭🙏

Also, I might or might not have forgotten what year this story was set in. I do remember it being between 2100 and 2300. If you guys remember, please drop it in the comments, but for the meantime, I will be changing it to 2140 just because.

__________

Danielle couldn't possibly know. She couldn't. Although she was a trustworthy person, the girl could barely keep her mouth shut during times. She'd accidentally spill secrets when talking to her dearest girlfriend, Haerin. Hanni didn't blame her, though, considering that Haerin was pretty much all the girl had.

Not literally. But mentally, emotionally, and well sexually.

Danielle was always known for her soft, friendly, and cheerful attitude. Nevertheless, it was all a mask to hide her grieves and sufferings. She had never opened up to anyone -- not even her closest friends like Hanni, Hyein, and Somi. But one day, Hanni heard her speaking to her parents whilst crying.

"Mom, dad, please! I- I'm still your Dani, don't you get it?!" She screamed through her phone with a broken whisper.

Hanni felt her heart throb as soon as she heard a sob coming from the other side of the door.

"No! Please! I- why is it so wrong for me to be attracted to who I do?! I-" She stopped to wipe her tears as her parents cut her off.

"You- this isn't some game I'm playing! I didn't choose to be like this! If I could choose who I like, I'd choose anything you'd ask me to. I never wanted to end up this way!"

"We've had enough of your bullshit, Dani." Her dad suddenly replied.

"Dad, I'm still me regardless of who I like! I- I can't control what my heart truly desires, I'm sorry!"

And just like that, no more words were heard from the phone. Danielle brought her legs to hold them and rested her head on her knees as she sobbed relentlessly. The girl had planned on coming out to her parents eventually, but she didn't expect them to find out so soon from another source.

Her plan of coming out after she finished university had just been crushed to the ground in a matter of seconds. And it wasn't that she needed her parents to provide for her and pay for her tuitions -- Danielle was an exceptionally smart girl after all and had stopped paying for school ever since highschool -- but because the girl felt the need to please her parents all the time. The worst part was that she never felt forced to do it, as her parents never failed to show love and affection to her.

The couple was always so soft and caring to their daughter, thus the reason why Dani turned out to be a soft and gentle girl.

But now she was crying in despair. Unable to even imagine what her future would be like without her ever-so-caring parents. She would've never expected her childhood best friend, Karina, to inform her parents about her sexual orientation. God, she didn't even know Karina was looking when she and Haerin were making out in the sports girls' locker room after their volleyball tournament ended.

Karina was on the opposite team, and it seemed that losing wasn't exactly appealing to someone who always got everything she wanted. So when the sight of the two lovebirds celebrating their win -- in a totally normal way of almost having public sex -- came across, she immediately took out her phone and sent the evidence to Danielle's parents.

Luckily, Haerin felt her senses tingling and didn't go any further with their make-out session. She didn't think much of it until she saw Karina walking around with her phone unlocked, and on the screen was a picture of two girls kissing in the sports locker room. She soon assumed it to be her and Danielle.