14 - Hospital

A/n: I'm so sorry for the late update once again. My grandpa just passed away, unfortunately. Apparently, my mom has heart problems, and my dad has diabetes uwu.

__________

Nothing annoyed the Eggnoid more than her surroundings. People asked her personal questions as she waited in the hospital's lobby, which was on the bottom of her wish list.

Earlier, Danielle had made a scene in the middle of the cafeteria as she talked to the group with tears in her eyes. She had no idea of what she was talking about because, as far as she was concerned, Hanni didn't have any medical conditions. And surely a normal person couldn't simply faint at random times.

Had Hanni been starving herself? Danielle thought. She even asked he girl's "roommate" Minji if she knew anything about Hanni's medical condition to which Minji didn't.

Everyone in the group panicked when they found their best friend's body lying on the staff room's cold marble floor, unconscious. Minji's orbs immediately darkened at the sight. At that moment, she could barely think straight.

What happened? Who did this to her owner?

Her brain continued to program more and more conclusions. Dangerous ones. They were conclusions that were constructed without supporting evidence. Minji then clenched her jaw when she turned to her right, thinking that Danielle was a possible suspect. It seemed that Eggnoids didn't have any sense of morality when their owners were at the brink of death, considering that Minji had just slammed Danielle on the wall with her hands wrapped around the poor girl's neck. If her owner were to die, it was going to be her responsibility to avenge her.

"Fuck!" Danielle screamed in pain.

Her screams and shrieks did nothing but tighten Minji's grip on her neck. "What did you do to Hanni?" She asked with wrath written all over her face.

Everything happened so fast, but rage filled Haerin's body as soon as she could process the violence that was done to her girlfriend. She put her phone in her pocket after getting a confirmation from the hospital and ran to the two girls. "Get your hands off of her!" She demanded right as she digged her nails into Minji's shoulder and tried to push her away.

However, she might have underestimated the robot's strength. Minji didn't budge. Slowly, she turned her head without loosening her grip on Danielle. Haerin had no time to react when Minji suddenly moved a hand to choke her. "Ack-"

How was Minji so fast? Hyein covered her mouth in horror. She knew better than to approach the aggressive being. Instead, she knelt down next to Hanni and attempted to unlock the device that was on her hand. Hyein didn't know what to expect, but hopefully, she was going to be able to at least check the unconscious girl's heartbeat until the ambulance came.

No one had been able to overthrow Haerin. It made sense since the girl was a black belt and a boxer -- an underground one. No one really knew the reasoning behind why she was so invested in competing illegally when she could clearly have won national titles if only she would compete in championships.

"M- Minjeong-" Dani stuttered, trying her best to keep breathing. "H- Hanni f- fain- ted,"

Of course, Minji was skeptical. She clenched her jaw, "How did she faint?" She asked in a stern tone.

"I- I- don't kn- know," Danielle continued to gasp for air. She needed to find something to distract the robot before she would end up like Hanni. "I- I know what y- you a- are."

Her words caused Minji's eyes to widen. "What?" She challenged, although deep down she hoped that Danielle hadn't caught up.

Dani felt somewhat proud of herself. "H- Hanni- Hanni told m- me."