8 - Exposed

Hanni still felt a little uncomfortable by the previous event. She started interrogating the Eggnoid and received nothing out of it other than several 'I don't know's. She was sure that Minji wasn't telling the truth -- it must be easy for robots to do so, anyway.

Another difference between AI and humans is the fact that only one of them could experience fear. Meaning that if the both of them were to be threatened, only one would finally surrender; that being humans. This fact made Hanni even more suspicious of her Eggnoid, knowing that as a robot, Minji would definitely be willing to take a secret with her to her grave.

Hanni was frightened, seeing that Minji might just be a spy. Maybe the company knew that Hanni had been targeting them since the start, so they designed an Eggnoid to learn about her and make her open up about her secrets.

Conclusions after conclusions spiralled in Hanni's head. Maybe she was just overthinking all of this. But how could she? Surely, people would freak out if an unknown robot had information of their long-gone relative.

Fortunately, the weekend had already ended; meaning that Hanni could finally have some time away from MInji to clear her thoughts. She stepped inside the lecturing hall, greeted by three familiar faces with suspicious expressions painted on them. They sat at the end of the hall like always so that they could stare out of the windows and ignore the words that'd come out of a specific teacher's mouth.

Hanni wasn't bothered by the looks until she put her bag down on the seat next to danielle. She'd expected the girls to tell her if there was something wrong with her clothes or hair. Instead, they continued to glue their gaze at her.

"Alright, what's going on? Stop with the staring, just tell me already!" Hanni demanded.

Hyein leaned back in her seat, crossing her arms. "So, who's the new girl?"

The three didn't buy it when Hanni tilted her head in question, unconscious of the said 'girl' that her best friends were talking about. "C'mon, Hanni, don't play dumb with us." Haerin added.

Hanni furrowed her eyebrows. Had she missed a chapter in their friendship? Why was there suddenly another girl in the group? And even if she did miss something, it would've been her fault for not responding to their group chat for the past week.

"The one who hugged you from behind on Friday, two days ago?" Danielle finally spilled.

After processing her best friend's words, Hanni froze, knowing exactly what she was talking about. But there was no way that they saw, right? Well, how could they? There were only the two girls in her house when that happened. Unless,

"Did- but when- what?" Was all Hanni could say, struggling with her words.

Her response gave a confirmation to the group. They looked at each other, satisfied at the look on their best friend's face. Hyein was the first one to break the silence, leaning over her desk to invade Hanni's personal space and fill it with questions.

"My, my! Since when was our Hanni so grown up?" Haerin smirked.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Danielle hit the back of Hanni's head.

Now, obviously, all four of them knew that if Hanni were to keep something like her love life a secret from them, the reason was definitely not because Hanni was closeted, because she wasn't -- or at least to her best friends. Although, the girl never really came out and Danielle was the first one to assume (notice) Hanni's un-straight behaviours, followed by the two other girls.

Ever since the four girls stopped being rivals, they had been nothing but attached to each other. This meant that they had spent hours every day together, making it easy for them to notice any changes in each other's personality or behaviour. Although Hanni had no history of having a girlfriend, detecting her homosexualness wasn't hard to do as she would frequently watch gay shows, saying that they're nothing but mere 'entertainment'. Hanni was also a fan of Street Woman Fighter, and fangirl-ed over Bada Lee, Haechi Wang, Chocol, and Monika Shin.