Chapter 2: Let's Battle

Your P.O.V

It's been about a month since I joined the guild. Everything has been normal for the most part, but I still haven't found a team that fits my style. I've had lots of offers, but nothing set in stone. Also, my thoughts about that one S-Class wizard have continued to wander in my mind, but I've just about forgotten about him.

Right now, I'm on my way to the guild to set up for the Fantasia Parade. It's apparently a bigger deal than I thought with all this planning going on.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Can you help me with these streamers?" Laki asks as she stands on top of a stool outside the guild.

"Sure," I reply with a smile while tying up the other side of the streamer.

"Are you going to enter the Miss Fairy Tail Contest?" she casually asks me.

"Nah, that's not my type of thing," I answer with a shrug.

"Same here. It starts in 5 minutes if you want to watch with me."

"That sounds great," I say.

All of a sudden, we see Lucy running faster than I've ever seen anyone run toward the door with Juvia not too far behind and bursting in.

"We should probably go now," I say, laughing hysterically.

Laki and I walk into the guild to see Max announcing Cana as the first contestant. We lean against one of the pillars in the back instead of dealing with the rambunctious males.

As Lucy is announced, Laki and I are already yawning while all the male guild members are cheering their hearts out. That's when I felt it.

"Laki, did you feel that?"

"A little. What could it be?"

"I don't know. The magic energy is pretty powerful, though."

"Damn it. It's the Thunder God Tribe," Laki groans while pointing to the stage where a tall women with chestnut hair and glasses is saying something about her being the winner.

"No way. That means..."

"So you know who I'm talking about?" Laki asks.

"Yeah, I've read tons of articles on them. They've taken out dark guilds all around Fiore. Wait. When you said they're here... You said it like it's bad thing," I say with concern.

"It is. Their leader, Laxus, is such a jerk, and whenever they come to the guild, they always cause trouble."

"That sou-" I get interrupted by a wave of screams and gasps. We whip our heads toward the stage to see all the females in the contest turned to stone and the rest of the Thunder God Tribe enter the stage.

"What the hell?!" I yell in a panic.

"It's Evergreen. She can turn people into stone with her eyes. All the Thunder God Tribe members have special abilities with their eyes," she goes on to explain Bickslow and Freed's magic and eye ability.

I now understand why everyone was so worried. We turn our heads when Laxus starts explaining what his plans have been.

"Battle of Fairy Tail? Is this guy fucking insane?!" I scream with a frantic tone as people start running out the door.

"Looks like we have no choice. We need to get the girls back."

We turn to walk out the door when I hear my name being called, "(Y/N)!"

I turn around. "Yes, Master?"

"You may be one of the only people we have left who can defeat Laxus. I'm counting on you."

"WHAT? ME? DEFEAT AN S-CLASS WIZARD?!" I shout, obviously doubtful of myself.

"I know the things you can do. If you try your hardest, I know you can win."

"Uh, okay Master, I'll do my best for the guild," I say, turning and running out of the door with Laki while hearing Natsu starting to wake up and yell about what's going on.

"Okay, I'll go east and you go west," I direct to Laki.

"Got it," she says and runs off in her direction.

After only a few minutes of searching for Laxus, I see Jet and Alzack fighting inside what looks like a rune with Droy banging on it from the outside. I run up to Droy and stand beside him.

"What's going on? Why are they fighting?" I ask him.

"They have to. It's a part of Freed's dam-" he gets interrupted by the rune holding Alzack and Jet breaking with Alzack running in the opposite direction and another rune building around us.

"DAMN IT!" I yell. "I have to find Laxus!" I kick the sick of the rune where a message appears.

"The one who proves them self to be the strongest may pass," Droy reads aloud.

"I don't have time for this garbage!" I scream in frustration.
"We have to. It's the only way to get out."

I look at him with wide eyes, "Hell, no. I am not fighting you. I'm going to smash this rune to pieces."

"You won't be able to do that. I've only seen a few people break Freed's rune by force and I doubt you can do it."

I slowly turn to him with fire in my eyes. "I don't think you should underestimate me," I say in a dark voice that make him start backing up.

I walk to the other side of the rune with my hands together. "You might want to get down in a corner Droy," I warn.

Second Person P.O.V

With an annoyed and doubtful grunt, Droy obeys you and sits in the corner farthest away from your scorn.

With your hands together, you take a deep breath. "Rock Avalanche!" Suddenly, the earth below your feet shakes with pieces of rock coming out of it, hurdling at an exceptional speed toward all sides of the rune.

*SHATTER*

The rune quickly disappears leaving a stunned looking Droy and an even more shocked you.

"I honestly didn't think that would work," you say while letting out a relieved sigh and slight chuckle. "I guess I found it's weak spot."

"Wait. So you doubted yourself and scolded me for saying something?" Droy asks and stands up on his feet.

"It's only because you didn't think I was strong enough. I didn't think it would work because of the complex state the rune was in."

"Well, I am surprised."

"You shouldn't be. Like my dad always says, 'The quality of magic itself is immaterial. He who has the stronger conviction will always prevail.' My magic may not have been strong enough to break the rune, but my need to save my friends far exceeds magical power."

Droy stands in bewilderment at your statement with his mouth agape.

"You should probably help Jet over there. I'm going after Laxus," you declare and start running farther into town.

As you run around town, you think about all the places Laxus could be and your mind wanders to Kardia Cathedral, thinking that it's too obvious of a place, but maybe just obvious enough. You start sprinting in that direction, noticing your fallen comrades on the way, but know they'll be fine and your mission is much too important to stop now.

You slowly approach the building and cautiously open the door to the right. You look around inside to find the man you've been looking for, sitting on the steps across the room.

"Laxus."