Chapter 6: The Castle

"Zeref."

Second Person P.O.V

You and Mystogan stare blankly at each other at the young teenager's statement.

"What the hell makes you think you can see the Black Wizard by killing innocent people?" Mystogan asks angrily as he shifts his gaze back to the tied up fugitives.

"We read about it in an old book," the shaggy purple haired kid says.

"You're a bunch of idiot children," Mystogan scoffs.

A few moments later, the Magic Council Enforcement Unit comes into view and approaches the two of you.

"I'm Captain Lahar of the Custody Enforcement Unit. We got your call about the criminals you've subdued," a man with his black hair in a bun and glasses states.

"Yes, they're right over there," you direct, pointing to the bunch of criminals, noticing Mystogan has disappeared.

"Did you take down these criminals alone?" Lahar asks.

"Uh..." you hesitate, looking around not knowing how to answer. "Yes?" you confirm unsurely.

"Well done," he praises as his men put the criminals in a carriage. "Have a safe night."

You watch them pull away and disappear over the hill then look around for Mystogan.

"Mystogan?" you whisper-yell.

"Right here," he says from behind you, making you jump.

"What the hell was that about?!"

"I told you; I can't risk anyone seeing me, especially the magic council."

"I feel like there is way more to this than you're letting on," you accuse. He just shrugs and starts walking in the direction of the castle. "Time to get our reward."

"YES! FINALLY! How much was that job anyway?" you ask.

"Three million jewel," he replies nonchalantly. You stop and stare at him with the widest eyes you could muster.

"Are you okay?" he asks, turning to you.

"THREE MILLION JEWEL?! That was so easy!"

"Shush, geez. Those guys were dangerous for regular people so the reward was up. Plus, it was the king's request."

"Oh, that makes more sense," you comment, continuing to walk beside him toward the castle doors and letting out a yawn.

"Tired?"

"Yeah, all that walking and fighting tires a person out."

You knock on the giant door and a guard gestures both of you in and leads you toward the living room.

"I assume the mission was a success?" the king asks.

"Yes, sir," you say.

"Great! Here is your reward," he says as his guard hands Mystogan a sack of jewel. "And since it's getting late, we'd be honored if you would stay here for the night."

You look over to Mystogan asking if he wants to stay and he gives a slight nod.

"We'd love to," you smile.

"I'll have my maid take you to your rooms," King Toma snaps his fingers as a young women, maybe a few years older than the both of us enters the room.

"Follow me," she says, eyeing Mystogan up and down.

Your P.O.V

I roll my eyes and follow her up the spiral staircase and down the long hallway.