Chapter 4: Take Me With You

Second Person P.O.V

It's been two weeks since the Fantasia Parade, Laxus' excommunication, and your encounter with Mystogan.

Ever since then, you can't get the mysterious man out of your mind, and with your, what you would now describe as close friends on Team Natsu, leaving on a mission to defeat some dark guild with members of the other light guilds, you're left alone with more than enough time to gather your thoughts.

You're sitting at one of the tables in the guild, staring into the nothingness of the seat across from you. With a heavy sigh, you get up and walk to the request board.

"Are you thinking of taking a mission alone (Y/N)?"

You turn your head to see it's MiraJane asking you the question.

"Yeah, I guess I have to considering everyone else is already out on jobs, or already too drunk to care," you sigh.

"Why didn't you go on that mission with Team Natsu?" she questions.

"Master didn't pick me to go, and when I asked, he said no," you shrug.

"Oh, well, just don't pick anything too difficult. Master hates people taking missions alone; that's why we all have partners," she says and starts walking back toward the bar.

Your P.O.V

I let a heavy sigh escape my lips and tear off one of the requests to catch some stupid bandits.

I drag my feet to the bar and hold up the flimsy paper. "I'm taking this one Mira." I turn, walk out the door, and proceed to the path the bandits have been on.

"Arg! These minimal requests are too damn easy and the pay always sucks. Those bandits fought like three-year-olds," I groan and throw my hands up in frustration as I walk back to Fairy Hills with my reward.

I open my door, sort my jewel, and head straight for the shower. After a long and relaxing shower, I throw on my usual tank top and shorts for bed since it's pretty hot out tonight.

"I hope tomorrow I can get an actual challenge for once," I mumble to myself once I get into bed.

Second Person P.O.V

The sun is high in the sky as you walk to the guild, still a bit grumpy from yesterday's disappointment. You enter the guild to find the crowd alive and crazier than ever, even without Team Natsu. You sigh and sit down at the bar.

"My usual milkshake please, Mira," you say to the white haired barmaid.

"Right away," she says with a bright smile.

"So, how have you adapted to the guild, (Y/N)?" Master asks, whom is now sitting on top of the bar a few feet away.

"Fine. I wish the jobs were a bit more challenging, but everything else has been great."

"That's good."

You turn your attention back to Mira who is heading over with your drink. Suddenly, you notice her pace becoming slower and her eyelids beginning to close.

"Mira? Are you okay?" you ask her with worry while she collapses. "Mira?!"

You then become aware of how quiet the room is. You slowly turn your body to find everyone passed out on the floor. You jump from your chair, frantically looking over to Master. "What's happening?!"

"No need to worry, child," he says with a tiny smirk.

You cock an eyebrow in confusion as you see a figure walking through the doors, then realization hits you.