Chapter 15: Discoveries

Your P.O.V

Another day passes and still nothing. I haven't even been able to sleep with the worrying I'm doing, not that it matters. Anytime I tried sleeping, it always feels like something is missing. So now, I'm laying on the bare ground with nothing but rocks and dirt surrounding me in the middle of the day.

The only good thing about this whole experience is that I've discovered a weird form of Earth Magic. I'm not sure if it's even an official type of magic or if anyone's attempted it.

I turn my head so my cheek is to the ground and look at the medium piece of rock with soul concentration. I raise my hand with an open palm and say the words, "Earth rose", in a calming nature.

Suddenly, the rock levitates off the ground and shakes before breaking and forming into a perfect rose head while gently laying in my hand.

I smile triumphantly at my creation. I now just think of it like Earth Make Magic. I've never seen it done or read about it anywhere and my father never mentioned it either, and as a master of Earth Magic, if he knew something about it, he would have told me.

The way I discovered it was that I was so bored, I just stared at a rock for at least an hour. About twenty minutes into it though, I started thinking about my time in Oriville with my mother as we watched the flowers bloom. My mind also drifted to my experience with Mystogan there, but I pushed it aside.

I just kept thinking about the flowers while staring at the rock, and suddenly, it burst into a rose. I was utterly shocked before realization dawned on me that I did that. I just kept practicing with the rose and now I can do it easier except for the minor pain in my head when it happens.

After inspecting the rose for a few minutes, I feel a temperature drop in the atmosphere. I quickly sit up and inspect my surroundings on high alert. The sky suddenly grows dark and spirals like before. I get to my feet and watch as a shimmering yellow light shows from the middle of the spiral.

Blurs of something I can't make out start spilling out of the center. I have absolutely no idea what to do, so I do what any rational person would; nothing.

I watch as buildings, stores, churches and landscapes form. I can't help the smile that graces my face at the scene. I run toward the town at full speed and look to see civilians with confused faces.

I guess they don't remember what happened.

My pace quickens when I see the Fairy Tail guild. A stray tear slides down my face as I burst through the doors. The first thing I notice is that everything looks normal, like nothing's changed, except for all the confused stares I'm getting now. Mira is the first to rush over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" she asks with concern.

I surprise her by pulling her into a hug. "I'm so glad you're all okay," I rasp out.

"Of course we are. What are you talking about?" she inquires in her melodic voice.

Before I can respond, I feel myself being tugged away from Mira and toward a corner of the guild where a group of my closest friends are and a girl that I don't know who looks strangely similar to Mira.

I look over and see it's Natsu that's dragging me to them. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"We need to talk about Edolas. No one but us remembers what happened," he says in a voice I've never heard him use before. It's as is he's actually... serious.

I wipe my face and nod as we enter the circle and the hushed murmurs end to where everyone is quiet. It's then I realize I haven't seen Mystogan, but hold back any emotion that threatens to show.

"Tell me what happened," I demand. They each start explaining one by one about their time in Edolas.

"Okay, but what about Mystogan, and who are you?" I gesture to the girl with short, snowy white hair.

"I'm Lisanna; Mira and Elfman's little sister," she introduces herself.

"Wai, I thought that you... died?" I ask, tredding lightly on the subject.

"I did, well, sort of. I actually got transported into Edolas and that's where I've been for the past few years." I just nod, not really knowning what to say to that.

"So, what about Mystogan?" They all share glances and then give me sympathetic looks that I raise my eyebrow at.

They probably don't know that I knew there was a high chance of him not returning. I think and let myself relax a little.

"Mystogan wanted me to give you this," Natsu says while handing me a small, royal blue envelope.

Same color as his hair.

I take it, thank him, and walk straight out of the guild without looking back. All my emotions start rising to the surface that I've been holding back for days.

Now that I know my friends are all safe, the pain in my heart of losing Mystogan is becoming more real. I walk down the streets of Magnolia until I reach the familiar building that I haven't seen in what seems like forever.

Fairy Hills.

I walk through the gate and up the stairs toward my room on the third floor. I open the door and look around the familiar living space to see it's the same way I left it.

I let out a shuddered sigh as I close, lock the door, and sit down on my black leather couch and stare at the envelope in my hands. I rub around it with my thumb and furrow my brows when I feel a bump I hadn't noticed before.

I take a deep breath and slowly peel open the blue material and take out a folded piece of paper. When I look back into the envelope, my eyes become glossy at what I see.

I slowly use my fingers to pinch the chain and raise the necklace to look at it up close. It has a medium length silver chain, and at the end, there is a small, sapphire gem in the shape of a heart with small white diamonds on the outside.

I gape at the necklace for at least five minutes until I remember the letter and gently lay the necklace on the sofa cushion and slowly open the neatly folded piece of paper and begin to read.

Dear (Y/N),

I'm truely sorry that I had to leave. It's been killing me every second I've been away from you. I want you to know that I love you and I won't be gone forever. I promise I will come back to you. I can't imagine living the rest of my life without you when I can barely handle a couple days.

I just finished discussing what will become of Edolas with Pantherlily. He says that I should be king, and when I refused, he explained that I was the only one 'suited for it.' I tried denying all his claims, mostly because I didn't want to stay here.

I told him about you and he understood, but said they needed a leader and it didn't feel right to abandon my people. I wish you were here to help me. I know I made you stay in Earthland, but I didn't realize how much I would need you by my side. But I want you to know that I will be by your side again one day.

When I finish what I need to do here, I will come back to you somehow. Also, I hope you like your gift. I called in a few favors a while back and decided to pick it up before I went to Edolas. I didn't have time to give it to you myself, but I hope this is just as good. I love you, (Y/N) Neekis. See you soon.

Love,

Mystogan Fernandes