BONUS CHAPTER

Twelve Years Later

Second Person P.O.V

"Slow down, Jellal!" you shout at your twelve-year-old son as he runs through the kitchen.

"Sorry, mom!" he calls back, yet continues to run straight out of the house.

You sigh as you put away the last of the clean dishes. You turn back around when you hear the sounds of small footsteps and it's then you realize what Jellal was running away from.

"Lily, why are you chasing your brother?" you question the other twelve-year-old.

"He wouldn't stop hitting me, so I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine," she replies sweetly.

"Fine, just don't break any limbs," you say, gesturing for her to continue after her twin. Lily laughs and runs out the sliding glass doors to the backyard.

You close the cupboards and wipe a beat of sweat from your forehead. It's a fairly hot summer day and you've been busting your butt to clean the whole house before your husband gets home.

Ever since you had the twins, you've been taking care of them full-time while Mystogan has mostly worked abroad. You haven't seen him in almost a month because of a special SS-Class mission he was assigned relating to Zeref, but you weren't worried. You know he would never leave you and the kids all alone. At least that's what you tell yourself.

You walk over to the sliding glass doors and peer out into the spacious backyard where only an old swingset resides. You smile when you see both Jellal and Lily with miniature replica Magic Staves just like their father has, using their magic back and forth in a concentrated manner. They practice both yours and Mystogan's magic, but they have more fun with Mystogan's.

I guess they made up.

Seeing them use the staves reminds you of Mystogan and just how much you miss him. It's been especially hard because this is the longest the two of you have been a part since he had to leave for Edolas well over a decade ago, but for some reason, it doesn't feel that long. It also doesn't help that today is a very special day for the two of you and he won't be back for another two weeks.

"Kids! It's time to go to the guild!" you announce, getting their attention. You take the twins to the guild every day for them to play with the other future Fairy Tail wizards.

Jellal and Lily instantly bundle up their staves, strap them to their backs and skip over to you with wide grins that make your heart fill with absolute joy. Jellal is like a complete little replica of Mystogan while Lily has your (H/C) hair with a royal blue strip running through it.

You take both of their small hands into your own and instantly teleport to the front of the guild with the magic Mystogan taught you years ago. A memory momentarily flashes through your mind of the day of your baby shower when you were pregnant with the twins.

Jellal and Lily let go of your hands and run off into the already noisy guild. A lot has changed with Fairy Tail over the years, but some things will always remain the same.

You smile and push open the doors, waltzing in to be greeted by a flying chair. You reflexively hold up your rock fist and the wooden chair shatters to pieces around you. In that moment, the whole guild goes silent and all eyes are on you.

Some things never change.

"Sorry, (Y/N)!" Lucy apologizes while grabbing her son, Igneel, by the ear and dragging him across the guild.

"No harm done," you chuckle and continue your journey until you're at the bar where Mira has already prepared your milkshake.

"Hear anything from Mystogan lately?" Mira asks, sliding the drink toward you as you hop onto the stool.