Chapter 8: Complete Terror

Second Person P.O.V

You and Mystogan continue walking through the humid mountains. He managed to save you two hours of walking with four hours to go.

"I met Wendy when I was in the guild earlier," you suddenly piped up.

"I'm glad she's okay. She was like my little sister."

"That's really sweet," you reply, looking up at his now rose colored cheeks as his eyes go wide.

"Stop," he says.

You give him a confused look. "What is it?" then you feel it, too. "What in the hell..."

The next thing you know, something is diving down from the sky, making you both look up.

As it inches closer, your eyes grow wide in complete terror. Mystogan having the same look. It starts to land on the ground, making you both jump in opposite directions.

You both looked at each other then back at the beast.... the thing is, it wasn't a beast. It was a dragon. A massive, black and blue dragon with a menacing look in its orbs.

You stay completely still as Mystogan does the same. Hoping, and praying it doesn't see you or maybe it already has.

"My next meal are a couples of Fairies? Delicious." It says in the most terrifying and dark voice.

It suddenly starts flapping its enormous wings making trees snap in half and the two of you with your nails dug into the ground on all fours.

It takes its claw and swipes at you and just in time you snap out of your fear stricken state and call out a defense attack. "Iron Rock Wall!" Knowing it won't be enough, you start running.

"(Y/N)! KEEP RUNNING!" You hear Mystogan yell.

The dragon then turns its attention to him. Taking its tail and sending Mystogan slamming into a tree.

"MYSTOGAN!" You yell from the other side of the terrain, tears now falling down your face.

The dragon flies high into the sky, gearing up for a powerful attack. You didn't know what to do, except counter attack with the most powerful spell you know.

"Rumbling Mt. Fuji!" You shout, putting your hands together and sending a beam of light shooting up from the ground, encasing the dragon.

When the light disappears, you remain utterly shocked. The attack barely has an effect on it, only putting what seems like a few tears in its wings. It continues with the attack, now only a few yards off the ground and about 100 feet away from Mystogan, staring him down.

Mystogan was standing up using one of his staves to keep him steady. You could feel all the magic energy this dragon was gathering to attack with. If it hit Mystogan, you knew he'd die instantly.

You stand there feeling completely useless and frozen in fear as the dragon releases its attack. It happens in slow motion. The roar inches closer and closer to Mystogan. It seems you only feel fear. Fear you'd lose the man you've grown to love.

All these thoughts go through your mind that you don't realize the magic circle appearing in front of Mystogan.

"Three Layer... Magic Circle: Mirror Water." He pants out.

Only half of the dragons roar becomes deflected while the rest sends Mystogan flying through three trees, snapping them all in half. You run in his direction with tears pouring from your eyes.

"MYSTOGAN!" You scream, running to his side and kneeling next to his mangled and bleeding body. "Please... Please." You feel his wrist for a pulse and let out a deep sigh of relief when you feel the faintest thump ever.

You put his head into your chest as you stroke his hair and cry harder. You look up at the dragon that is now on the ground again, recharging for another roar.

You sit there with Mystogan's barely breathing body in your arms. You have no where to run. There's no way you can get both of you away from the attack in time and blocking it would be completely useless. You look back down at Mystogan and slowly stroke his scratched face over his now slightly torn mask. You put your lips to his ear and whisper, "Im sorry."

You glance back up at the dragon with blurry eyes as he is about to release his roar. You close your eyes and hold Mystogan tighter, waiting for your death.

You wait.

W

a

i

t

When you here a loud yelp, coming from what you assume is the dragon, you open your eyes.

You see a tall man with orange-red hair and a tattered cape. You squint your eyes and realize you've seen him in Sorcerer Weekly and when you spot his guild mark, you're sure it's him.

"Gildarts?" You choke out between sobs.

"Take Mystogan back to the guild! HURRY!" He yells while punching the dragon, sending it stumbling back.

You don't question him, only thinking about Mystogan's well being. You quickly but cautiously stand up and grab Mystogan and pull him onto your back with trembling hands. He was extremely heavy and you being smaller and shorter than him didn't help.

You start running as fast as you can back towards Magnolia. Your feet hurt but you push all the thoughts of pain away. Your tears continue to fall as you keep running. Your only thought was that you had to save him.

You darted your head around at the scenery, your feet never slowing their pace. You remember some of the landmarks from when you and your mother walked there. These thoughts help push the pain back.

Before you know it, you run over a large hill and see the guild in the distance. As you continue to run, you feel your legs slowly going numb.

You run down the streets of Magnolia getting strange and worried looks from the residents. You approach the guild doors, completely breathless and collapse forward, making the doors burst open and Mystogan falling next to you.

You look up to see many people rushing towards you including Master and Wendy.

"Please...." You pant, "Help him..."

"(Y/N), who is this?" Lucy asks, bending down to help you up.

"Mystogan." You manage to say before the world goes black.