Chapter 9: Wake Up

Your P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes to be blinded by a bright white light. I blink rapidly trying to get them to adjust. When they do, the previous memories come flooding back and I realize my pain is gone; only my legs feel somewhat sore.

I dart up and look around the room to see I'm in the guild's infirmary. I look and see closed curtains three beds down from mine. As I get up, the door swings open revealing Mira.

"Good to see you're awake," she says.

"How long was I out?"

"Only a day, and if you want to change, your bag is on the chair behind you."

"What about Mystogan?" I ask.

She hesitates and sends me a soft look. "He was in really bad condition. Wendy managed to stabilize him and she's done all she can. We just have to wait."

"Wait. What do you mean Wendy stabilized him?" I ask, slightly confused.

"She uses healing magic; that's why you don't feel any pain. She's resting now."

"Thank you, Mira," I say.

"I'll leave you alone with him," she says, exiting the room and closing the door.

I get up and walk over to my bag. I take out a pair of sweatpants and a loose t-shirt. I walk to the bathroom and take a quick shower, getting the rest of the dirt out of my hair.

I change, walk out of the bathroom, and over to the curtain. I hesitantly put my hand on the end and start pushing it back slowly.

My eyes start to sting as I look down at Mystogan's limp figure. He still has his mask on with only a hospital gown. I sit in the chair next to the bed and stare at his face. I then take his hand and encase it in both of mine.

"You have to be okay," I whisper through light tears.

I sit there for what seems to be hours, staring, waiting. I watch his face every once in a while it scrunch in pain. My stomach growls, bringing me back to the world. I decide to go down to the bar and get some food. I stand up and kiss Mystogan's forehead on his mask.

I walk out the infirmary doors and down the stairs as people give me questioning and confused looks. I sit on a bar stool looking at Mira.

"What's everyone's deal?" I ask.

"They're just wondering how and why you were with Mystogan. I mean, he got so badly injured and this has never happened."

"Well, that's understandable," I mumble. "Can I get a (F/F) and a water please? I'm starving."

"Sure thing." She turns and walks into the kitchen.

I stare at the different brands of alcohol on the wall when a pink haired air head walks up behind me.

"So, (Y/N), when do you think I'll be able to fight Mystogan?" he asks.

I turn to him with a death glare and he slowly backs away. "Nevermind."

Mira walks back over with my food and drink. "It's on the guild," she insists, setting it down.

"Thanks," I smile, starting to gobble down every bit of it.

"(Y/N), I want to see you in my office immediately," I hear Master order from the second floor.

I quickly finish my food and head up to his office, going in and shutting the door. "Yes, Master?"

"Tell me what happened."

I sigh and explain the whole attack with the journey home. It hurts the more I think about it, but push my feelings aside.