Chapter 3: Mystogan

"Laxus."

Your P.O.V

I slowly walk to the center of the church as he looks up at me with vengeful and deceitful eyes.

"The newbie?" he scoffs.

"Perhaps, but this newbie is about to kick your ass," I snap, trying to sound confident.

"Tch. You don't even look like you could beat that busty blonde."

"Maybe you shouldn't underestimate people."

"Fine. I'll just finish you off so we can get back to the game," he says as he stands up, not bothering to take a fighting stance.

I watch him put his hand up, sending a huge bolt of electricity my way without calling out a spell.

"Iron Rock Wall!" I shout with my hands together, blocking his attack.

"Wow, so you can fight? This game just got interesting."

"I'm not interested in your damn game Laxus. Make Evergreen turn the girls back now!"

He laughs maniacally at my request. "Only in your dreams. I'm sticking this out until I get the guild."

"What the hell?! You're putting your comrades through this because you want to be Master? That's pretty low."

"You don't know shit about what I've been through!" he states as little bolts of electricity circle his body. In this moment, he truly looks insane.

"Frankly, I don't give a fuck. Nothing could be so bad that you have would make your friends and family fight each other!" I shout, now completely infuriated.

"I don't have time for your shit!" he yells while sending multiple attacks of electricity my way.

"Iron Rock Wall: Continuous Formation!" I shout, causing multiple rock pillars to block all the different lightning attacks. "Supreme King Rock Crush!" Now, multiple rocks encase Laxus and explode together.

I let a slight smirk graze my lips, but my expression immediately turns to utter shock as I see Laxus barely phased by the attack.

"Is that the best you got?!"

"Damn it," I go back and forth with myself about using that sacred spell my father taught me, but rule it out as I know I could blow up the whole church. "Iron Rock Powder Explosion!" Suddenly, rock spikes come from the ground around Laxus, piecing all sides.

I narrow my eyes and see he's not in the array of spikes. I start looking all around me and turn around to see him standing by the door.

"Time to finish this!" he shouts. "Lightning Dragon Roar!"

I widen my eyes, trying to process what he had just said. He's a dragon slayer!? I don't even notice that I'm about to be hit with his attack. I then feel electricity coursing through my body, causing the most insane pain I've ever felt.

"AHHHH!" I scream at the top of my lungs as I feel my whole body being fried. Next thing I know, I'm laying on the now broken steps of the church with my skin burned in a few places and my clothes slightly torn.

I pant frantically, trying to regain my breath. I've never felt such power since training with my father. I barely keep my eyes open as I see him approaching me with a cocky grin on his face.

"Maybe this will teach you not to mess with the top dogs," he sneers in a menacing voice as he raises his fist in the air, forming a huge ball of electricity. My eyes widen, knowing what he's trying to do... He's actually trying to kill me. "Raging Bolt!" he shouts.