Chapter 16: Solo Journey

Second Person P.O.V

You lay on your bed with the necklace around your neck and letter in hand, staring at the ceiling. You don't cry, you don't do anything. You don't know what to do.

Be sad? No.

Be depressed? No.

Be angry? Of course not.

With a heavy sigh, you sit up and rest your back against the headboard and check the clock.

"11:30p.m," you mumble.

You stare at the opposite wall and think about what will happen now. Certainly you wouldn't be allowed to take S-Class quests anymore even though you're more than capable. At that thought, an idea hits you like a ton of bricks.

You hop off the bed and rush over to the calendar hanging on the wall by your closet. You skim over it and flip to the next month, looking for that certain day. Then you find it.

S-Class Trials.

You were told about them by Makarov a few weeks after joining the guild and when they would be held. Of course you would want to go for it and now was the perfect time to start some intense training. It'll get your mind off Mystogan, and it's also looking toward your future with Fairy Tail.

You look around for your suitcase and throw it onto your bed. You already know the perfect place to train, especially for trying out your new maker magic.

Web Valley in Clover Canyon.

You know it's a huge risk, but when you were younger, it was one of your favorite places to train, but because of the earthquakes, it became too dangerous. Your father even had a small cabin that the two of you would stay in when training that you hope is still intact.

You rummage through your closet and fling the clothes you'll be taking with you into your suitcase along with other necessities. You walk out of the bedroom and set your suitcase next to the door.

Walking back to the bedroom and into the bathroom, you take a long and relaxing shower, change, and lay in the seemingly empty bed and see what the next day awaits.

You wake up to multiple bangs on your front door. You look at the clock that reads 7:30a.m. and curse under your breath. You roll out of bed as the loud banging continues.

"For Mavis sake, I'm coming!" you shout. You jog to the door in your pajama pants and tank top while flipping your bed head into a messy bun.

The banging hasn't stopped and you roll your eyes, knowing whoever is on the other side of the door can't see you. You reach out and turn the doorknob and to your surprise, standing there is Mira, Lucy, Erza and Levy.

"What are you guys doing here at this hour?" you ask.

"We just wanted to make sure you were doing fine, considering what's happened," Mira says in her sweet voice. You raise an eyebrow at them.

"Erza and Lucy explained to us about Edolas and Mystogan," Levy explains.

You just nod your head and stand there awkwardly. "Well, I'm doing okay, I guess. Just not trying to think about it too much."

"If you need anything you know we're here for you," Mira states while giving you a reassuring smile.

"Wait, where did you get that?" Erza asks with wide eyes as she stares at your chest.

You look at her confused then look down to where everyone is now staring and see your sapphire necklace.

"Oh, it was a gift from Mystogan. Why?"

"It's amazing. I wonder how he got it. I've never seen anything like it before," Levy says. You just shrug and lean against the open door.

Suddenly, Lucy's eyes go wide and she quickly asks. "Where are you going?! Are you leaving Fairy Tail or something?"

You look at her confused then look down at your suitcase and realization hits you. "Oh, no. I'm just going training for the next month or so. I just need to get away for a while," you reply. They all let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank Mavis. You scared us," Mira sighs.

"No worries. I'd never leave. Not for good anyway. I actually have a train to catch in a couple hours, but I'll stop by the guild before then. Thanks, guys."

You bid each other goodbye and start getting dressed for your solo journey.

"Thank you, Master. I'll be back soon," you say while walking out of Makarov's office.

"Stay safe, child," he says, waving goodbye.

You walk through the guild, departing from your friends before grabbing your luggage and walking toward the train station.

You ride the train three hours to the closest town near Clover Canyon. You look at your surroundings and the new attractions from the last time you were in the secluded town. You tie your hiking boots and prepare for the elevan mile hike over the mountains and toward Web Valley.

You trek up the steep terrain and get to your destination in under four hours, only being bothered by wild animals a few times that you easily avoided.

You walk over the hill you remember from your childhood and your eyes widen at the surprisingly still standing cabin. It looks a bit beaten up from the earthquakes, but looks fine otherwise.

You walk up to it when you start hearing rustling beyond the wall. You put your suitcase down and cautiously open the door. Suddenly, a raccoon darts out of the doorway, making you yelp and stumble back.

After regaining your balance and getting your heart back to a normal rhythm, you pick up your suitcase and walk into the seemingly sturdy cabin.

You search the place for anymore unwelcomed rodents and make sure everything is structurely sound. You grab your bag and walk to your old room that was always plain because of your rare visits.

After hours of cleaning and fixing the electricity and water pipes, you fall face first onto the bed and let out a huge sigh of exhaustion. Tomorrow begins the start of training, not only physically, but mentally and emotionally.