Epilogue

Many Years Later

Your P.O.V

I never knew the true meaning of loving someone, that is, until I met my husband. Years ago, I joined a crazy guild called Fairy Tail, which is where we met.

Mystogan Fernandes made me realize what love is. Truly loving someone, anyone, is to lay your heart open for them. You give them a part of yourself that you give to no one else and you let them inside a part of you that only they can hurt. You literally hand them the razor with a map of where to cut deepest and most painfully onto your heart and soul.

Nine years ago, Mystogan left the world of Earthland for a place called Edolas. It was no secret to anyone that I was heartbroken, because when he left, he took a piece of my heart with him, but he did manage to bring it back when he returned.

I was also chosen for the S-Class trials where Grimoire Heart and Acnologia showed up. I was doing great throughout the trial with no partner until everything went to hell. All that training just to have the test ruined!

We were cloaked in a spell by our first master for seven whole years, and in that time, Mystogan happened to return. He heard about the situation and never stopped looking.

After our awakening, I never let Mystogan out of my sight and he did the same to me. We've been through a lot during our journey together with our idiotic fights and pointless bantering, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Mystogan and I dominated the Grand Magic Games last year as Fairy Tail's power couple. No one was able to withstand our unison raid's and how our magics complimented each other.

We trained for those three months with Crime Sorciere and Mystogan taught Jellal all about his magic. It was quite a sight to watch the both of them work together, but in those three months, I learned that Mystogan and Jellal are two completely different people. While they trained, I also managed to spot the little differences between them like Mystogan's hair being a darker shade of blue and he was a tad more muscular than Jellal.

For the most part during the games, Mystogan and Jellal continued to switch places, but Mystogan and I would always do the battles, besides when Jellal went up against my father.

Mystogan proposed to me at the ball where we celebrated defeating the dragons and winning the Grand Magic Games. I can't say I wasn't shocked; I never really thought about marrying the guy, but he did make me fall head over heels in love with him.

The wedding was anything but traditional. We had it outside of the guild and it was definitely overcrowded with how many people from other guilds showed up. Sting and Natsu in particular caused havok, as usual, nearly spilling fruit punch all over my dress, earning each of them a punch in the face by Mystogan.

Now that I think about it, we should have just eloped. We had Erza running around like a crazy woman; shouting orders at everyone, screaming about being on time.

It was pretty overwhelmin, so Mystogan and I ended up sneaking out to grab a pizza. I don't think anyone actually noticed our absence.

"(Y/N)! We have to get going," my husband yells up the stairs.

I groan and roll my eyes even though I know he can't see me. "One second!" I call back as I tug a shirt over my growing belly.

As you may have guessed, I'm pregnant. Yes, that asshole got me pregnant around six months ago. We don't know the gender yet, and that's how it's going to stay until the baby pops out of me.

I make my way down the staircase and look to see Mystogan waiting impatiently by the door.

"Finally. Women take forever to get ready," he mumbles, earning a soft slap on the arm from me.

"You're not the one carrying a ten pound baby around in their stomach so shush."

Mystogan bends down so he's eye level with my belly and puts a hand on the side of it. "I hope you're not like your mommy. I don't think I can handle another one of her."

I gasp and push his head away from me. "Keep that up and you'll be sex deprived for the rest of your life."

Mystogan puts his hands up in mock surrender. "Okay, sorry. You're pregnancy hormones are getting out of hand."

"I know, and it's all your fault," I pout.

"Aw, I can't take all the credit," he smirks.

My cheeks turn a light, dusty shade of pink and I quickly walk out the front door. "We don't have time for your sexual innuendos. The guild is waiting."

"You started it."

"Did not."

"Did so."

"Stop acting like a child when you're carrying one."

"Stop acting like a child when you're producing them."

"Touche."

"Glad that's settled," I mutter.

The guild is hosting a baby shower and Mystogan is coming for the simple reason that most of the guys thought that baby showers were not only for women. Leave it to the men of Fairy Tail to come up with something as random as that.

It takes us around thirty minutes to arrive at the guild from our perfect log cabin in the secluded part of Magnolia. With Jellal still on the run from the Magic Council, Mystogan still has to wear his mask in public, but now that the guild knows his secret, he doesn't have to wear it there.

"Are you ready for this?" he asks, gesturing toward the closed doors of the guild. You can clearly hear the ruckus already happening on the other side.

"More ready than I'll ever be," I reply.

Mystogan takes a step toward me and pulls down the bottom part of his mask to reveal his soft smile. "You understand how much I love you, right?"

I look up into his enchanting hazel eyes. "Of course. Where is this coming from?"

"Sometimes I just wonder if you're mad about me leaving all those years ago. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life," he sighs.

I roll my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck. "I've never been mad at you about that and you know it. I understand you had to for the sake of your homeland."

Mystogan shakes his head and rests his forehead against mine. "This is my home. It always will be, as long as you're here with me."

I stare into his eyes that are full of adoration. "I love you, Mystogan Fernandes," I smile.

"I love you, too, (Y/N) Fernandes."

Mystogan leans down to capture my lips with his in a rhythmic harmony.

"Awww," we hear a group of people chorus.

Mystogan and I break a part as I groan loudly. I look over to my right to see the guild doors wide open and our friends and family giving us loving looks.

"Way to ruin the moment," I mutter as I walk into the guild with Mystogan by my side and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This is it. The end to the beginning of our adventure and it's been one amazing ride. When I joined Fairy Tail, I had no intention of finding someone I've grown to care about more than I ever thought possible.

I know the journey is not over with our growing family and whatever magic they'll have, but I'm ready. I know Mystogan will always be by my side now, considering there's no way in hell I would let him get away after we've waited so long for each other. I have unmasked the mystery of Mystogan and it's too late for him to leave now.

And that, kids, is how you know when you truly care about someone. You'll always want to hug them, to hold them, and to make them happy, even if you won't be a part of it. It was hard when we were forced to be apart, but none of that matters now. We're togther, we're happy, we're starting a new chapter of our lives, and I can't wait for what's awaiting us on the road ahead.