Chapter 12: Anima

2 Months Later

Second Person P.O.V

"Hurry and close that anima!" Mystogan yells to you.

After getting back on your feet with Mystogan and continuing to take S-Class missions together, you run into an anima, but not this one in particular. This would be your sixth anima at this point.

A week after you and Mystogan got back from taking down that dark guild, you ran into your first anima. Mystogan had explained that it's a type of spell so it has its weak spots that you would need to take advantage of.

"Iron Rock Spikes!" you shout, sending rock projectiles toward the anima which cause it to close completely.

You collapse to your knees after that, slightly panting. Mystogan walks to your side and kneels down beside you.

"Are you alright?" he asks.

"Y-yeah. It just takes a lot of magic power to close that damn thing."

"Well, if you'd let me do the harder parts, then you wouldn't be pushing yourself so much."

"I know, but I just really want to help you," you tell him, starting to stand up while Mystogan helps you.

"All you do is worry me when you use all your energy like that (Y/N)."

"Okay, I'm sorry." You didn't really know why you were apologizing, it just felt like the right thing to do.

"You're forgiven," he says while leaning down and planting a surprisingly passionate kiss on your lips.

You stand there and wrap your arms around his neck while he pulls you into him by grabbing your hips to deepen the kiss. It quickly becomes heated with both of you fighting for dominance.

Suddenly, you pull away for air while he continues leaving butterfly kisses down your neck. In that moment, realization of what you've been wanting to ask him for a few weeks comes back to you.

"M-Mystogan," you pant.

"Mhm?" he murmurs against your neck.

"Why do you keep doing this?"

He raises his head to look into your eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"You've become a lot more... attentive recently. Not that I don't absolutely love the affection, it just seems so out of character."

He pauses before answering. "I just want to give you everything you deserve, (Y/N). You mean everything to me and I want you to know that."

"I do know that," you say, a soft smile grazing your lips while pulling him into a tight hug.

"I love you, (Y/N)," he whispers suddenly.

You pull back to look into his eyes. "I love you too, Mystogan."

With that, you both lock lips again. You accept his answer of why he's being a better boyfriend than you could ever imagine, but you know there is more to the story than he is letting on.

Mystogan P.O.V

I'm kissing (Y/N) with as much passion as I can muster. I know she didn't believe me when I said I wanted her to know how much I cared for her. She and I both knew that I love her with everything I have.

The real reason is that I can feel something approaching us. I can't quite explain it, but I know it's a lot of magic energy in an anima. I don't know if myself and (Y/N) will be able to take it down no matter how strong we are together. I fear that something is going to happen, and no matter what, I want her to understand that she is always in my heart.

No matter what it is, though, I will protect her with my life along with protecting Fairy Tail.

Your P.O.V

"How much longer to Magnolia?" I whine while leaning my head on Mystogan's arm.

"An hour, and don't give me that sass; you're the one that wanted to walk," he says.

"Sass? Whatever do you mean?" I ask sarcastically, receiving an eye roll from Mystogan.

"Give me a piggyback ride," I demand.

"Excuse me?"

"Piggyback ride."

"What makes you think you can make such a demand?" Mystogan asks in a fake appalled voice.

"Because if you don't I'll cut you off."

"From?"

"Everything," I say in a menacingly low voice.

Mystogan's eyes widen and he's down on one knee with his back turned to me in a flash.

I smirk while he moves his staves to his side and I jump on his back with my arms around his neck and my legs wrapped around his torso. He puts his large hands on the bottom of my thighs to hold me up. I let out a tired sigh and lay my head on his shoulder.

"It almost seems too good to be true," I comment while breathing in Mystogan's manly scent.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"All of this. I never thought I would be able to have this. I've trained everyday of my life to become powerful. My father told me power wasn't anything without comrades, but sometimes I didn't know if it were true.

Then when I turned 18, he told me he was letting me go. I was shocked at first that he would just let me choose my own path after all the effort he put forth in me, but I was also happy. My whole life was wake up, eat, train, sleep, repeat. I now know why, though; it was to prepare me for all the fun I was going to have. I got to join the craziest guild, meet amazing people, and fall in love with the most mysterious guy ever. And I wouldn't trade it for anything."

I felt Mystogan slightly tense as I was talking like it hurt him to hear me say this, but I brushed it off.

There was a pause of silence before he spoke.

"Neither would I."