Chapter 14: Unexpected Visitors

Your P.O.V

I've been waiting four grueling days. Four days where I've done nothing but sit on this hill, staring at what used to be my home. Only leaving to get food from the next town over and a shower from the temporary hotel room I got.

I feel myself going crazy. Every time I hear even the slightest noise, I'm up on my feet. I miss my friends and Mystogan. I have the sickening feeling that I'm never going to see him again and it's killing me.

I start tracing patterns in the dirt with a stick to mend my boredom. I hear a twig snap and immediately jump to my feet and look around. I see bushes moving and get into a fighting stance. I squint, and as the figures come out from behind a few trees, my features soften and I feel tears welling up in my eyes.

"Dad?" I ask.

"(Y/N)!" I hear several voices yell, then the rest of them emerge and one engulfs me in a hug.

"(Y/N)! It's been so long since I've seen you! We heard what happened and came to check things out," the person hugging me says, and after inspecting their long pink hair, it clicks.

"Sherry?"

She takes a step back and looks into my eyes. "Glad you remember me. I know we only knew each other a couple days before you left, but I really liked you," she says.

"Thanks. I'm happy I haven't been forgotten," I chuckle. I look to see who else came, and I see my dad and who I remember to be Lyon and Yuka.

"Dad!" I exclaim and run into his arms. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you, too," he pauses, "So what exactly happened here?" he asks.

"It's really hard to explain, but basically, Magnolia got sucked into another universe," I answer, stepping back to see their shocked faces.

"What about you? Why didn't you go with it?" he asks.

"Well.... My partner is a stubborn ass who wouldn't let me help."

"(Y/N)! Language," my dad scolds.

"Sorry, but he said it was too dangerous and I tried to explain to him that we were a team, but he wouldn't listen," I say quickly.

"He? Who is this boy?" he asks with a raised eyebrow. "If it's that stripping ice wizard Gray, then you are coming back to Lamia Scale right now."

"Hey! Don't insult my enemy, that's my job!" Lyon butts in.

"It's not, and plus, Gray and Lyon are like twins, so it wouldn't make a difference where I am."

"WE ARE NOT!" Lyon shouts.

"Shut up, Lyon," Yuka says while putting a hand over his mouth.

"Anyway, who's the boy?" my dad asks again, getting back on a topic I'd rather avoid.

"He says you guys have worked together. His name is Mystogan," I reply, feeling my heart clench.

"Oh, I guess that's okay," he says, surprising me.

"It doesn't matter. You won't have to worry about him anyway."