Chapter 19

The birds were once again chirping and suddenly Kenji is woken up by his cellphone ringing on his small desk that sits at his bedside, wondering who could be calling him this early in the morning he rubbed the sleep from his eyes, picked the phone up and saw the caller ID as {Father}, he picks up his phone.

Kenji then asks "Good morning father, what brings you to risk your sleep to call me this early in the morning?"

Akio laughs and says "it's no bother to me son, anyway do you remember the test we spoke about a while ago?"
Kenji replies affirmative "Yes father I remember you and mother visiting us to inform us about the survival test".
Akio then says "Yes that one, anyway I just called to tell you that it starts today, quickly call all the girls so that I can tell them the same thing".

Kenji says "Okay father I will quickly go get them and tell them that you said I should call them". Akio then says to him laughing "oh yes, eh, you know what they say, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned and the girls will definitely feel scorned if you do not let them know what I told you to do now"

Kenji gets up out of his bed and slides his slippers onto his feet to keep them warm, he trudges out of his room slowly still rather tired from being woken up, as he goes through the hallway the lights suddenly go on and the girls simultaneously jump out of their rooms startling Kenji causing him to jump back slightly because he is surprised at the suddennes of it.

Kenji then exclaims in question "Geez, do you girls have a sixth sense to know when someone wants to wake you up or something strikingly similar to that?!"

Kireitsune replies "Oh we are so sorry Kenji-Dono" as she latches onto him in a hug around his waist. Tora then agrees by saying "Yeah Kenji-San, we are kind of on edge since you got hurt" as she also hugs Kenji on one side. Shishana also agrees by saying "It is true Kenji-Kun" as she hugs him around his torso from behind making basically a human hotdog of the four.

Kenji blushes as he is enveloped in hugs from three quarters of all directions.

Kenji then tells them "My dad called, he is waiting on the line, he said to wake you up" he puts the cellphone on Speakerphone so that the girls can all hear Akio.

Akio speaks up" That'd be correct, thank you for putting it on Speakerphone, good going, good morning girls".

Tsukiko speaks up first "Good morning Mr Shedji, to what do we owe the honour of being called up?"

Akio replies "Good question Tsukiko so to answer that, the survival test starts tomorrow morning."

Yukino then asks "So does this mean that we should get ready and go to our destination today?"

Akio replies "Very sharp Yukino, very sharp indeed, anyway yes so get a good night's sleep this coming  evening."

Jackie then asks a very important question "We will do so sir, one question though, how do we get there?"

Akio replies to that saying "I have sent a big bus to pick you up in a few hours so get washed and dressed".

Kenji then says "We understand you loud and clear father, please say hi to mother from me, goodbye father".

Akio replies "I am glad that you all listened so attentively and I will son, goodbye then".

The girls all say "Goodbye Mr Shedji".

Akio then says "Oh yes please let my son enjoy the ride there, I'll be seeing you, goodbye girls".

The three girls that were holding Kenji let go of with Kireitsune planting a kiss on Kenji's cheek causing him to blush many shades of red as he'd forgotten about her kisses as she hadn't kissed him in the face for a long time, everyone goes to their rooms, get dressed, brush their teeth and soon the bus gets there.

[Minutes later on the bus]

Kenji asks the girls "Okay are you girls ready for the survival test?" and then exclaims "Then let's do this!"

The girls exclaim "Yeah let's roll!"

Kenji then thinks to himself 'I fully believe that me and the girls will do incredibly well'.

Tora asks him "So Kenji-San, what do you want to talk about on the way there?" sitting in the seat next to Kenji's so Kenji replies "Not much though I've been wondering how is it been going with your terrible shyness?" so Tora replies "Well thanks to you Kenji-San, I've gotten a lot better but I'm still getting there and still getting the hang of it".

Chitayna pipes up saying "Tora is right Kenji-Senpai, she has friends outside of us now too". Hyōna then says "They are super nice to her, you can see the sincerety in their eyes" Kenji laughs and says "Wow, I'm so glad to hear that Tora, now I just need to get more friends". Kireitsune laughs too saying "you are humourous" and hugs him from the seat behind his.

Tora asks Kenji "Uhm Kenji-San can I lean my head on your shoulder" slightly timidly. Kenji then says "Of course you can Tora, you must be pretty tired, half of us is asleep already". Tora replies "Thank you Kenji-San" and then she slowly leans her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes.

Kenji then says "Don't sweat it, you can always count on me to be there for you, all of you".

The girls who are still awake on the bus all make themselves comfortable and go to sleep and Kenji yawns from his own tiredness of having to wake up earlier than usual, he feels fatigue set in as he glances to Tora who's head was on his shoulder, he smiles at her cuteness and feels his eyes close as he does".

[Twenty hours later]

They arrive at their destination after hours of the usual for a long bus ride and they get off.

Kenji says "Man that was one long bus ride" as him and the girls spot his father who sees them as well.

Akio replies "I believe it was, anyway, you will get an event tent for your first night but not after that".

The girls all say "Understood Mr Shedji".

Kenji says "I understand father".

Kenji then asks the ten girls "So girls, are you all ready for a good night's sleep? Because I sure am".

Tsukiko replies "That's for sure."

Gina adds "Truly."

Akane also adds "Definitely".

Kenji then asks Akio "So father how long are we allowed to sleep before the survival test begins?"

Akio replies with "You'll all have until Twelve Pm to sleep, then the tent gets taken and the survival test starts".

All of them including Kenji look at Akio and bow to him to show respect as well as to show that they understood what he had just told them, after an hour of chatting to get tired they all close their eyes and go to sleep all feeling very excited for the survival test that inevitably lies before them a real good good bit later.