Prologue

(TW: blood mentioned)

Drip…drip…drip…

The only sound now was the blood dripping down from the slice of mirror. The pool of blood around his waist widened as it slowly lost the only drop of blood left.

"I'm impressed." The tall woman with white hair and fancy clothing said to the girl who had just murdered her agreeser. "My name's Alccherino. I am from the Father of the house of herth. You, my dear child, have potential for the fatui…" They spoke in a harsh yet calm tone to the child.

She got closer to the child, they immediately raised the piece of mirror now piercing through their hand and blood dripping. "I don't wish any harm. Tell me your name child." The child hesitated before their raspy voice spoke "Xue…I am 7 years old…" the child trembled, as they said so their gaze was emotionless and their icy blue eyes tinted with a red glint.

"Well then Xue... you are in safe hands now, please, drop the shard of glass." Alccherino had her usual monotone, though the child hesitated she eventually did. Alccherino then grabbed their little hand to wrap in bandages giving the child some sort of comfort until they broke down crying after months.

After a while Alccherino broke the silence "would you tell me how you ended up here child?" Their tone is calm yet irritated. "I supposedly caught their eye…" the child couldn't continue the sentence as they broke down crying immediately again. And from just the start of the sentence arlecchino could tell exactly what they did…

That was 13 years ago.