Chapter 6- his actions

Xue PoV

I rushed down, speed walking until I reached my room. I hit my back against the door after slamming it and my body sliding down the smooth door until my knees where up to my chin.

Why is it beating so hard?

Is all I could ask myself in that moment. My heart rate had gone through the roof when I had him so close to me... His beautiful eyes, that beautiful smile.

He was perfect. His hair parted to one side, with a braid on the side, the way his eyes would look into mine, his smile being the only thing keeping my mind running throughout fontaine.

Every time I was supposed to focus on a patient all I could see was him throughout the whole time, even when talking to childe, someone I was familiar with; it was his face that I kept in my mind. And ofcurse he showed up that same day, and even offered to take me with him for something else.

Xue stop.

Right. That little voice in my head was correct. I need to stop thinking about him.

But he's such a gentleman...

No.

What was I honestly thinking? I'm not from fontaine, I can't stay for too long since I have to go back to training with Pierro. I only had a week to enjoy his company. Good enough.

(Time skip)

These past few days I got to know him better, he cares so much for his siblings, he's just, perfect. Such a great person.

I could see a life with him.

No! It's no use! he's gonna stay in fontaine and that's final. There's no chance he'll want to come to Snezhnaya. Would he?

"Boo!~" I heard from behind me.
I composed my thoughts.

"Hello Lyney." I replied turning around slightly his lavender eyes meating mine... I could drown...

His hair was swaying slightly in the wind, his lips turning up into a smile... I felt my heart react, like always...

"What are you doing today ma cherí?" He asked moving his body to face me and doing the same action of bowing Infront of me and kissing my hand like a gentleman. I felt butterflys in my stomach like every time he does that action.

He does it to everyone.

Even if I haven't seen him do it I know he does. He's too much of a gentleman to not. He probably has his eye on someone...

"Ma cherí?" He said raising an eyebrow his eyes showing a mix of confusion and worry.

"Ah! Sorry I was engulfed in my thoughts." I smiled at him.

"Oh, I see, but could you please answer my question if it's no trouble?" He stopped bowing but still kept his hand in mine.

"I was taking in the scenery before I had to go back to Snezhnaya." I replied.

I had already said goodbye to Arlecchino and had a few extra hours to spend in the beauty of fontaine.

His expression imideatly changed, he had a saddened expression on his face.

"So soon?" He replied in a really sad tone.

"It's been a week, I would normally stay for less than half of that." I replied to him as happy as I could. But I honestly feelt awful I didn't want to leave, I wanted to stay with him. But I knew I couldn't.

"Well, nothing I can do, how about this, I'll spend the hours you have left with you and then I'll send you on your way, sound good?" He said with his usual smile.

"But you must be busy-" he cut me off.

"I insist." His smile now incorporated closed eyes.

"Are you sure?" I said, I didn't wish to waste his time at all.

"Absuletly." He smiled again.

I smiled back, I felt happy he wanted to stay with me, but sad that I knew I'd have to leave Fontaine.

"Follow me, I'll lead the way." He started walking pulling me along not having let go of my hand.

We walked for a while until we reached the aquabuss, where we had our first real conversation, it was nice.

"So tell me, ma cherí, do you think you'll have time to read my letters if I sent them?" He turned his attention to me, his pretty eyes having a sly hint to them.

"I suppose if they're from you I'll have the time to read them." I smiled back but with more softness than him, I couldn't help but giggle a little.

Once I stopped giggling I noticed how he wasn't giggling with me instead just looking at me with those deep lavender eyes that couldn't leave my mind. He looked at me almost as if he wished for something?...

He doesn't see you like that Xue.

And once again the voice in my head caught me out of my delusion.

"Are you alright?" I mumbled at him a little worried. His gaze not moving from me.

"Huh?... Oh! Yes sorry!" He leaned back a bit.

"Careful with your head hanging off the edge!" The conductor shouted, he jumped a bit his gaze moving from mine to the conductor with shocked eyes before he looked back at me and we started laughing.

When we reached our stop, it started to rain, Hard.

"Oh, rain." I said smiling and looking up, it always calmed me down, the rain's cold touch on my skin...it felt so nice.

Lyney looked at me as I looked up at the rain and grabbed my hand pulling me closer to him, one of his arms around my waist, the other holding my arm to the side with his. A dancing possition.

I could see his calm face, water from the rain dropping from his hair, I noticed his hat that was now on the floor.

I looked at him and he looked back, I could feel his warmth from how close he was. He smiled sweetly at me, the sweetest yet.

"Let's dance, ma cherí." He spoke softly in my ear sending shivers down my spine, my face heating up.

He moved slowly and I followed his moves and pace, we were dancing in the rain...

I was dancing in the rain with Lyney.