Chapter 11 - Deal

Lyney PoV

After the fight with Pierro's student I got pulled away by Arlecchino after taking a rest from that fight, I got the green flag, that ment I'd become Arlecchino's student, not just Father.

I must admit that fight was tough. But it was surprising I'm stronger than Pierro's student even though he is higher than 1 but doesn't really have a title, yet I'm honoured to take Father's students' place for being number 4.

Though something I must admit, my opponent may have not been stronger than me, but she was definitely more agile than I giving her a tiny little advantage. I ended up with 4 cuts that will leave a scar in total. Though looking back I almost saw her face as her mask broke, all I could see though was her hair covering her face before her face turned away and so did mine in spirit of the rules.

A few minutes before I decided to stop by to give a letter but her assistant asked my business and I ended up telling her that I 'loved her' as my excuse. Idiotic.
But atleast she knows how to keep a secret.

As I talked with father when my wounds were being checked, she told me something I didn't really expect.

"Pierro's student is now going to be changing mentors so you're aware." she said to me ever so monotoned.

"Is that so?" I didn't know how to feel, I had the feeling they were going to go to a nother fatui that's not father, and in honesty, I was praying for it to not be Dottore. I despise that man.

"It'll be Columbina." Father now took their gaze to me.

I was surprised, but looking back, it makes sense, my battle with that person showed me they were more agile than anything else specialy when it comes to raw strength. And from what father told me, Columbina is on the agile side.

"I see..." I responded. Father, looked the same as always but a cheeky smile was always there at the mention of Columbina.

After my wounds were patched up I was given the green flag to leave, but I couldn't perform in a bit of a while beacuse of the wounds.

"Don't worry about not being able to perform," Father told me as we left the place were at, "I have a job for you anyway when we get back to Fontaine, I have a job for you...so say your goodbyes quickly." And just like that they left my side as if they were never there in the first place.

I ended up taking a walk around Sneznayah to see what I could find before I was pulled out to leave again.

As I walked through the icy path I took in my surroundings, there was snow, snow everywhere, on the pavement, on the trees and even some falling from to set on the floor. The wind hit my already cold face to freeze it even more, I even thought my eyelashes were being frozen aswell.

Between the trees I could see movement, but I couldn't really hear shoes, and I could only tell the colour white. I got closer until I finally saw a nother colour, light blue hair...Xue.

I got close enough to finally find her feminine figure, her hair swaying with her, still no coat did she wear, her white dress didn't look like a very warm one but one for more of the other regions heat, except for Natlan where you'd melt, it also swayed along with her.

Taking a closer look her delicate eyes were closed and she was dancing in a potion of which she was missing a dance partner, and in this case it was the dance I pulled her in before she left fontaine before.

I chuckled at her being able to remember it, and being the magician I am, I took the opportunity to join her little dance, taking my coat off for better movement and letting it fall on the floor and carefully but quickly, taking her delicate hand and pulling her waist gently towards me and then helping her step.

I could tell she was warmer than I somehow even if she didn't have a coat on. But there I was dancing with the girl I think I love in the pure white snow.

Once when I was ment to spin her she was going to stop but I continued it anyway, her eyes shot open feeling herself being spun not by her own orders before she was back in the original hold her eyes starring at me in shock.

"Good afternoon, ma cherí." I smiled at her, her face a little pink which I guessed was from the cold.

After wards we ended up talking before I had to tell her what Arlecchino told me, we ended up in a longish hug before waveing our goodbyes, until I could no longer see her in the snowy scape.

As I walked I found Arlecchino waiting for me a bit farther from the port but still were we're ment to be.

"Said your goodbyes?" Father asked me, I nodded though I could feel a little sad again. "Sadness is for the weak. Don't make me regret choosing you as my new student." Arlecchino made it clear as she pierced my own eyes and heart with her words. They hurt.

"Sorry father." I didn't even need to try to hide my words behind an act when talking to father, I could just be how I wanted not needing to put up an act like with everyone else.

When we started to get ready for the journey I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the fact my act is always up when I'm with people... what if I didn't have that act gone Infront of Xue? Would she dislike me? My personality? Although...when I'm with her it never feels like I'm putting up an act... Is that how much of an impact she's had on me?...