Chapter 10 - News

Xue PoV

After a while of being home, resting and noticing my wounds and the depth of one, the one at the side of my stomach, is definitely going to leave a scar, it's not made by an arrow that's for sure, but by what?

After a while more of examening my wounds, I got up. My body whinced ever so slightly now that there was pressure on the wound and the adrenaline had ended.

In further inspection, it looked to have been done by a knife, but it didn't look like he carried one at the time, and anyway he must have, an arrow wouldn't do such damage.

Eventually I wrapped up the wound completely and put my normal clothing back on, thankfully none of the wounds are seen or noticeable.

After a while longer of just kind of staring down at my cold tea I heard a knock.

"Yes?" I asked looking at the door now, before Pierro's noticeable face appeared from behind it.

"Something a problem?" I asked him whilst he looked back at me I noticed number 3 of the harbingers standing behind him.

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way..." He started, as I heard his words I shifted my body in my chair to face him, according to the wording it's something I can logically deduct.

"I am going to give over your training to 3rd fatui harbinger, Columbina." He looked me dead in the eyes, a little smile tugged on my face knowing I was right but my eyes now had a glimpse of concern mixed with questions.

"To answer your question, after a while of thinking it over, we believe that Columbina will be the best teacher for you." He looked back at me with the same eyes and determined stance while the petit lady, just the tiniest bit taller than I, stood behind him with a gentle smirk.

"Alright, what's your reasoning?" I asked trying to sound the least bit of concerned about my abilities as possible.

"Well... Physically your not very strong, you are mentally though. But your best combat skill is agility and Columbina will best fit the role as a teacher in that sense." He decided to not look my way which ment he was trying hard to not offend me.

"Xue," Columbina interupted the silence. "I know you're a logical woman, since you are a doctor, and you know well I'll be able to teach you your abilities better than pierro who's based in raw strength." She made a good point.

"Very well then." I answered knowing that 1. They were in the right and 2. I would have no choice either way.

"Great!" The petit woman stepped forward taking my shoulder under her fatui coat, gently leading me outside with her and pierro closely following.

After a while of walking in the snow we finally stepped out into a snowy scape who'd be freezing to anyone else in teyvat.

Columbina stepped forward and looked into my eyes under her blindfold, though her eyes were covered I could still feel the daggers being stabbed to me.

"Have you ever done any kind of gentle sport before?" She asked with a gentle smile again.

"I did ballet for a few years before I had to leave it." I didn't lie, I did infact do ballet for 3 years before I had to drop it for my medical practice.

A bright smile was now plastered on her face, "Wonderful! That's all I needed to know from your skills then." She gave me a little clap before going on about other things.

She was surprisingly gentle and I knew how I'd eventually get to know her better and end up with her as someone who'd I'd see more as a friend rather than a mentor.

As she circled around me a few times I could feel her studying gaze follow me even if it's not actually noticeable.

"She'll do very well under my wing, don't you worry Pierro." She moved her face towards him catching him off guard.

"Ah, I'm sure that's true, yet I will still get her for her sword technique." He remarked looking at her with a bitter face that was trying to seem gentle.

"Pity, I'd perfer to have her for longer." She gave a nother smile before a little chuckle, I couldn't help but chuckle aswell.

After a while longer of waiting they finally let me off as they bickered like school girls slowly decreasing in the distance as they were no more.

When Columbina mentioned the fact I'd have to dance I remember the last time I danced... In the rain...with him.

But soon I found myself re-tracing my steps of how we danced but for some reason I decided to close my eyes when half way through it felt a lot warmer, weird.

Once I got to the little twirl I was ment to do guided by what would be him, I was going to stop and wake up from the little daydream I was in before I felt myself being forced to twirl opening my eyes to see...

Lyney? My eyes immediately widened as I saw his pretty face smiling at me with those lavender eyes... Wait, why was he there?

"Enjoying it, ma cherí?" He wispered moving his face so hed whisper those words in my ear, his hot breath tickling my ear.

After we stopped he slightly laughed as I was still in a bit of a shock seeing him randomly appearing before.

"Well? Missed my dancing that much?" He teased his smirk only widening.

"Shut up!" I felt my cheeks rushing red, but the fact it was cold hid it well.

He giggled a bit before he sighed and looked me dead in the eyes, those lavender eyes mixing with mine.

"I don't think it's the best time to tell you but, I have to return to Fontaine... urgently..." His smirk slowly softened into a sad smile.

"Oh... that's alright!..." I whispered feeling a little sad from having to leave.

"Will you visit me, ma cherí?" He stepped closer setting his warm hand on mine before I nodded and eventually having to wave a sad goodbye.

Illusions x logic || Lyney x OC (Xue)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara