Chapter 15 - Lucky him

Lyney PoV

I felt myself having a headache, I didn't even have alcohol and it felt like I had been drinking to the point of passing out yesterday and having the worst hangover of a life time even if I touched no alcohol at all.

Slowly my eyes adjusted to the light coming in from my window, as the rays of light woke me up my brain started to process, to remember.

I snapped yesterday. I snapped at Xue. And that explains why the empty growing knot in my chest felt less heavy, like I had just confessed in court.

It felt nice to finally snap to someone, though looking back... I may have been a little...pushy. I mean, I did kinda force her to sleep with me...half naked... but ofcurse I was too deep in thought to think of anything other than feeling her warmth closer to me.

Just thinking about that made my cheeks burn like a kettle.

When my body finally decided to get used to everything and wake up, I entered the kitchen, the sweet smell of something homemade almost got me back to sleep. When I approached the table I saw a good plate of breakfast which seemed to have been cold, but that didn't really matter, getting closer I noticed there was also a note.

The note was hand written, and the hand writing was rather nice. The content of the letter was:

Enjoy the food! And don't worry, I'll deal with Wriothesley for you.
-Xue.

It touched my heart that she took the time she had to make me breakfast and write me a note telling me she was gonna deal with my problems; and dealing with my problems was already too much for someone.

After a while I finally ate the meal that was given to me, the pancakes were sweet and fluffy, they were just perfect. When I finally finished the dishes and got dressed I was ready to head out to try and get my siblings again...

"Lyney! We're home!" The voice of my sister overwhelmed my ears; an overwhelming happiness.

I rushed out of the kitchen to see both Freminet and Lynette by the door taking off their shoes. I immediately launched at them without thinking. The minute both of them were in my arms I just felt even better than last night when I cried it out.

"What happened?! What crime did you commit?!" I imideatly said frantically to both.
.

I was now sitting on a bench outside. Lynette told me they were just investigating something for father, so that was a relief, the warmth of the sun was rather nice today, like nothing could go wrong.

"Lyney?" I heard from behind me, when I turned my head to the side I was meet with eyes like lapis...those beautiful ones that belonged to the traveler.

"Traveler! Hello!" I said standing up from my place on the bench to greet them.

"Are you need of anything?" I questioned them, they looked pretty under the sun...they fit the sun really well.

"Ah, yes, do you remember when you asked me out on a date a few weeks back?" The traveler asked me, their eyes not leaving mine.

"Ofcurse! How could I forget." It's true I couldn't. It was something else I was dealing with, the intrigue weather they'd go on that date with me. It had been eating my brain for weeks! Just waiting for a simple answer of yes or no.

"Well...yeah, I'll go to that date with you." When they smiled at me and I was meat with a yes I felt static, like I could explode like a balloon.

"Really?! That's great! I can't wait!" I responded quickly.

"Great! I have some comisions to complete so I can't stay for to long to chat, it was pure coincidence to meet you here." Their calm voice was great and as they started to head off I felt myself smiling like a complete idiot as I waved goodbye.

"You look awfully happy this morning." I heard a nother voice behind me, but this one more familiar than the traveler's.

When I turned around I was meat with the same beautiful,icy blue eyes that I saw the night before.

"Xue! Are you feeling alright? Do you need anything?" I quickly started to question, I felt bad about forcing them to spend the night with me the other day.

"Woah, what's with the many questions this morning?" She giggled slightly before waiting for an answer.

"Never mind that... what is it that you need?" I asked now realising she probably needed something from me.

"Here." She handed me 6 files, ones that you'd find at a prison or anywhere in need of storing individual information.

"The old one's, Childe's one and both of the new ones for your siblings." She answered before the question left my tongue.

I quickly opened the folders and checked, ofcurse they were, ofcurse she freed my siblings this morning and even brought me the files I needed for father.

"Wow... I don't even know what to say..." I responded reading my own file.

"With a thank you and answer to my question from before it'll be enough." She smiled at me, her smiles never failed to make me feel like I was daydreaming, with little butterflies in my stomach.

"Oh! What I was excited about?" I imideatly tilted my head to the side in an inquisitive way since I was questioned and I answered with a question.

"Exactly that." She said.

"Oh! I got a date!" I responded quickly with a smile on my face.

I swear I saw her expression fade into shock to confusion to a hint of sadness that was imideatly swapped with happiness.

"With who?" She asked in a more polite way.

"The traveler! Honestly I'm surprised they agreed since they are so busy at all times." I responded not paying too much attention to my words.

"I see...well good luck with that! And I'll get going since I'm a little busy. Goodbye and good luck!" She said waving goodbye, it felt almost as if the goodbye felt a little rushed from her part.

"Goodbye..." I responded back.