Chapter 16 - Jealousy

Xue PoV

I felt myself hitting my door hard as I slid down it. My eyes blurry and swirled with tears, they felt stupid, like they were never ment to be there. It was selfish, it was selfish to run away, to cry.

I had ran all the way home, beacuse of something so utterly stupid. Something that shouldn't affect me like it did. But it did.

Why was I crying? Why was I crying over the fact he had a date? It's not my business anyway... but after that night...

I know why he did it though, it's the simple human desire of being comforted and a lot desire it to be skin to skin, why do you think after a woman gives birth sometimes she's asked if she wants skin to skin with her baby on her chest? Comfort ofcurse. It's bonding, it's not lustful, it's comfort, something you need in human life.

But there I was leaned against my door on the floor crying, jealousy flowing around my train of thought.

I had no right to be crying, he liked the traveler, it was just a matter of time until they did go on a date.

Eventually I wiped my tears out of regret for the selfish reasons my brain decided to react that way. I slowly got up and went over to the phone.

I dug through my pockets until I found the piece of paper I was looking for, a Pink and scrambled up slightly sticky note, but by now it had lots all the glue.

It was Wriothesley's phone number, he told me to call him whenever anything along these lines happened. After he dug a little deeper into the last scenario we figured this might happen.

My fingers were shaking as I dialed the number. I felt the phone slightly vibrating next to my ear, but I couldn't tell if it was my hand shaking or just the call.

When I heard the reply I couldn't take it anymore and I started to sob. Sobbing like I had never before.

Wriothesley soon caught on.

"Alright, how about you calm down today, do something you like. Neuvillette and I were going out to get something to eat, we were taking Furina with us but she cancelled not long ago. Tag along, have some fun." It was surprising that Wriothesley was so calm about it.

"Are you sure?" I responded having calmed down.

"Yes, it'll be good for you." He answered

After a few more minutes we finally arranged the meeting.

Looking back, it was no reason to cry since it's not my problem.

.

I had finished crying and the time came to go with them to where they told me to meet up.

It was definitely fancy, but where in fontaine is it not?

Once I looked around I finally spotted the familiar face of Wriothesley and Neuvillette.

As I proched them I was greeted with a few hello's and how I was.

However I noticed a familiar face farther from our table but far away enough to not be noticed.

"Excuse me whilst I pardon myself to the bathroom." Was said by Neuvillette over the many conversations in the place.

As he walked off my eyes wondered back to the ashy blonde hair not far from us, he looked bored, clearly hadn't noticed me entering having been focused on something else. He was focusing on the door now, waiting for their date to show up.

"Can't keep your eyes from wondering?" Wriothesley said to me.

"You planned this didn't you?" I asked my eyes not even moving.

"Nah, I had planned this eat-out a month ago, simply coincidence." He reassured, he's tone a little sly.

"However," when they said however I turned my gaze to him.

"Do you really think this is the first time he's tried to have a date with the traveler?" He was sly about his statement, it was intriguing but I stayed quiet.

"Heh, he's asked the traveler for a date for who knows how many times, eventually the traveler agreed to it, only to have him stood up." He said taking a sip of water.

"But that's so cruel..." I responded to Wriothesley, did he really get stood up this much?

"Yes, but the Traveler can't say no to helping people. And anyway, I don't think they're interested in that magician." He sounded almost uninterested and the action of checking his nails gave that even more away.

"I suggest if the traveler doesn't show up in less than an hour, you go have the date with him." He continued.

I contemplated his answer before looking at the deoressing boy who looked at the door almost desperate for his date to turn up.

"How many times has this?..." I muttered.

"This is the 3rd date, I'll be awfully surprised if the traveler did show up." Wriothesley didn't even sound empathetic. Jerk, I thought.

"If they're going to stand him up so much, why agree to the date in the first place?" I remarked, my tone a little irritated.

"Maybe to hope he'll get tired eventually and just move on, who knows!" He laughed slightly.

"The fact you're laughing at that is really unsettling." I snapped quickly at him.

"I dunno, I just thought it's funny, I mean it's happened so much and the fact he's still trying, wow. Although I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, I guess it's rather sad to be stood up." He's tone was a bit selfish but slowly dried out to less.

I moved my eyes to Lyney once again. He's determined, very determined, that might bite him in the back. It's sad seeing someone I care about look so sad and focused on a door just to see someone who doesn't care.
.

It's been an hour as Wriothesley said, the traveler didn't show up, Neuvillette however was back in our company so, I nodded to Wriothesley before grabbing my stuff to go over to the magician.

"May I?" I asked.