Chapter eight: it's a.....

It's been a week since my life has completely changed. Still in shock but it's been going well. It's been stress-free and peaceful. Today is my first doctor's appointment. I'm nervous to see how far along I am. I've been looking in the mirror and I feel like I'm barely showing.

"You ready," Noah said catching Mia off-guard

"Yes, let's do this," Mia said hyping herself up.

They finally arrive at the doctor's appointment.
They walk in and sign in for their appointment.

"Mia Martinez" the nurse yells out.

Noah and Mia stand up together and follow the nurse into their assigned room. They had Mia sit on the hospital bed and Noah sat in the chair next to Mia

They had scheduled a DNA test for the baby to see how far along she was. The nurse had come in and taken her blood. The doctor had asked her questions about her period and her symptoms.

The doctor was ready to do a quick ultrasound.
Noah and Mia were looking at the screen it was almost a fully developed baby. Mia couldn't hold back her tears.

"You look about 4 months along," the doctor said.

Mia was at a loss for words. She knew she only had 5 months to prepare for this baby. Her thoughts were broken by Noah grabbing her hand.

"Do you guys want to know the sex of the baby?" the doctor said looking at Mia and Noah.

"Yes" they both said at same time. Causing everyone to laugh in the room.

Mia starts squeezing Noah's hand. She hadn't thought about the gender. She was scared of bring a baby into this world.

"It's A GIRL" the nurse yells out in excitement.

Noah takes a deep breath to stop himself from crying. He didn't know anything about a girl. But he knew he had a mother and a sister. Noah realized he had to tell them.

Noah thought was broken by Mia giving him a hug. He didnt realize how much he's actually missed her. For months he managed to be friends even if he wanted more.

Tiffanys P.O.V.
it's been over a week since Tiffany found out that Mia was carrying Noah's baby. Tiffany was filled with rage. She's been with him for years and wanted to start a family with him. She knew he was the right one for her.

"He just doesn't see it yet," Tiffany said rolling her eyes and talking on the phone with her mother.

"Tiffany this is crazy talk-"

Tiffany didn't even let her finish her words. She hung right up. " they don't know him like I do," she said to herself. She dialed a number and let the phone ring.

Mia and Noah finally made it back to the safe house. They had been on good terms since she moved in. She has had her own space and being dealing with her reality.

Mia was caught off guard when Noah started to rub her belly. Locking eyes together not knowing to do next.