Chapter nineteen: fight to the finish.

Mia's P.O.V.
  The alarm blared through the room. I woke up forgetting where I was. All my memories came rushing back. I wish it was all a dream.

I looked over to see Noah's eyes opening up. I kissed him on the cheek and got up out of bed. I put on some black sweatpants and a hoodie. Noah went outside for a minute.

I started to put my shoes on when Noah came back in the had bulletproof vests. My heart started racing all over again. But I knew what was getting into.

I could have left him alone and made him deal with this all on his own. But the truth is. They probably would have come for me anyway.

We wrapped the vest on her chest and pulled down our shirts. He grabbed the keys and we both headed out the door.

We both got into the car. "We got to make one more quick stop. I have cash stashed nearby. After this, we are gonna head to the kids and Isabella.

Mia's eyes started to water again thinking about Rose. How she missed her laugh and her hyperness. She closed her eyes and Noah started driving.

(20 minutes go by) ( 12 hours left)

We pulled up to a little house. It was beautiful. Mia had hoped it went smoothly but telling by the vest she was wearing she knew the chances.

We walked up to the house. Noah pulled out his gone. Here I go shaking grabbing mines. But I was ready. I was terrified but I knew what I was getting into.

Noah grabbed a key out of his pocket. Before he put the key in he looked at me "I'm sorry for all this." Mia nodded her head. She couldn't feel anything anymore. her adrenaline was rushing.

"Anybody you see you shoot." Mia hated hearing those words. It made her stomach turn. She had never caught a body before. "If it makes you feel better they were ordered to kill us first." "kill or be killed," Mia said with a straight face.

Noah's heart broke seeing Mia like this.  But he knew he was the only one who could protect Mia. He protected her with his life.

Noah busted open the door and I heard his gun go off. I tried to move but I couldn't. I knew the fear and taken over me. But I thought about Rose. And even Jr.

I went inside after a few seconds and just started firing. I heard bodies drop to the floor. Left and right.  I couldn't take it anymore. I was so scared of dying.

I had hit 2 people. And it was silent for a second.  I felt Noah beside me. But I heard a creek on the floor. I aimed it at the door frame from the hallway and I didn't even hesitate I just shot. Until the clip was empty. The body fell to the floor. His head was framed in the doorway.

Noah pulled out another gun. He handed it to Mia. She was shaking and tears running down her face. But she didn't regret it. They wanted her dead. She would do anything to see Rose again.

They walked over to a bedroom and opened the door. There was another safe. But it was bigger than the last one. Noah pulled out a duffle bag.

He opened the safe. And it revealed a load of money. Like a bank vault. Every last bill was a 100-dollar bill.

I was snapped outta my thoughts with a voice.
"You aren't leaving this place alive."

  Noah and I quickly looked at each other.  I knew the voice all too well. It was Rico. My body filled with anger. "COME GET US BITCH" Mia held her gun at the door. "Mia?" Rico says yelling back. She heard a gun slide onto the wall.

Noah rolled his eyes and aimed it at the wall. "Mia is that you?" he calmly said. She yelled back "Yeah." I heard him sigh.

" They want 500,000 for you and your man's head. I take it you not alone are you ?"

"No," Noah yelled out.

Rico let out a laugh. "Let Mia go and we can settle this like men. I promise I'll take care of her when she's gone.

I saw the rage that filled Noah. While Rico was talking too much and dragging his gun against the wall it gave him away. "How tall is he?" Noah said looking at Mia.

5"11. Mia whispered.

  Rico was still going on. He aimed the gun at the wall and he shot 3 times. A body hit the floor. But Noah didn't know if he was dead. Rico was smart. He saw the window and opened it up. He made Mia climb out the window.

Right before he climbed out he heard a body dragging against the floor. He saw Rico pulling himself to the bedroom. He looked at Noah. Noah could tell he was dying.

"Take care of her for me." he nodded his head and pulled the trigger one last time. He pulled out the window and headed to the car.

"Okay, we have a 10-hour drive. We can't afford to make stops. Let's go."

They hopped into the car and took off at full speed.

10 hours later....
We finally arrived at the airport. But It was private.  Mia looked at the Jet that was there. "The kids are in there," Noah said with his voice cracking and tears rolling down his eyes.

Mia hugged Noah. And they both walked out of the car. But something didn't feel right to Noah. It felt too good to be true.

Mia runs towards the jet. but she was shocked to see Kimberly come out of the darkness with a gun pointed at her. Mia remembers meeting her In the grocery store. She gave her number to her.

It all made sense. How they knew everything. Tiffany had Noah's phone tapped and mine.

I feel Noah press up against me. I see a gun out of the corner of my eye.  I felt safe. "You shoot her I shoot you.

Kindly let out a smile. She still held her gun aimed at Mia. "Why don't you put the gun down and see who would really win."

"Why not? I'm just the distraction," she said sliding her gun to the side of her. Noah was caught off guard by footsteps. He quickly turned around faced with death. His father.

Mia ran full speed at Kimberly. She felt like a lion in the jungle Praying on its next meal.

Kimberly started to run too. But as soon as Mia got close enough she pounced on Kimberly. Knocking her down to the ground. She grabbed Kimberly's head and slammed it into the ground.

Kimberly let out a scream and cocked her hand back and hit Mia in the face. Knocking off of her Kimberly.

Kimberly slowly gets up. But Mia kicked her as hard as she could in her leg. She heard a bone crack. Kimberly let out a scream. Before hitting the floor Mia tripped her good leg causing her to fall on the ground. Knocking her out.

She heard footsteps running close behind her. She heard Tiffany's loud screech. She felt her rage. But Mias' rage was different. Everything she did was for her kids.

She turned quickly to see a running Tiffany. She had a gun in her hand. They both aimed at each other and shot. Tiffany's bullet hit Mia right in the chest causing her to hit the ground.

But Mia's shot went straight into Tiffany's heart. Tiffany took her last breath. Mia remembered she had the bulletproof vest on. She felt where the bullet hit her and dug it out of the vest.

She looked over to see the jet. She saw Isabella out the window. She quickly looks over to Noah. Noah and his father had a gun aimed at each other.

I aimed my gun at him and was slowly walking over to Noah. Joshua let out a loud laugh. But it was cut short. I saw blood scatter on his shirt. He dropped to the floor. Revealing Noah's mother.

Her eyes were filled with tears. Her mascara ran. "Im free" she whispers. Noah quickly grabs his mother and runs towards the jet.

They boarded the plane. "Let's get going now," Noah said to the pilot.  They walked to the back of the jet. Mia couldn't hold her joy in.

Rose ran up to her and Mia dropped to her knees. And just held her tight and just cried. Rose was crying and hugging her mom. Isabella gave Jr to Mia. And she hugged them both and just cried.

She felt Noah's arms wrap around the family that they had created. She could feel his tears dropping on her skin. It was pure joy and happiness. Noah's mother and Isabella joined the hug too.  They were at peace. They could all breathe.