𝑺𝑬𝑹𝑰𝑬𝑺 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ♥︎ 24

She didn't turn the offer down, however. In fact, the next morning, straight away, as Orla was just putting her phone in her bag by the cubbies, Emily sought her out.

"Hey," Emily smiled.

"Hey," Orla said. "Um... have you made your mind up about the whole... co-captain thing? Have you decided?"

"Oh..." Emily explained. "Well, I spent a lot of time thinking about it last night..."

"And?" Orla crossed her fingers.

"And I've decided to officially accept your offer!" Before the words were even out of Emily's mouth, Orla had jumped to her, hugging her tight.

They stood like that for a few seconds, then pulled back, grinning.

"Sorry," Orla said. "Did I, um..."

"No, actually," Emily smiled sheepishly. "I actually, I mean..."

"What?" Orla asked.

"Now that we're going to be co-captains, I think..." Emily sighed. "I think a long overdue apology needs to happen."

"Well, I just wanted to say..." Emily sighed. "I'm sorry."

Orla was taken aback as she went on.

"I'm sorry that we stopped being best friends. I'm sorry that I replaced you with Steph, and that I chucked you out of E-Girls. I'm sorry that I wasn't there, all the times you needed me. I'm sorry that I was so mean to, and that I disregarded you as a dancer and a friend. I'm just sorry, Orla, and I hope that you can still be friends with me."

Orla was so taken aback by this apology that she became a little teary.

"Emily, you don't need to say any of that," she said, holding one of Emily's hands and blinking back the tears pricking her eyes. "I'm sorry that I chucked myself out of E-Girls. I'm sorry that I turned all your friends against you, and I'm sorry that I let myself believe that you would never ever be my best friend again. Because you are."

Emily looked at her, tears also in her eyes. "Seriously? You... you mean... I'm forgiven? We could... we could be best friends again?"

"Of course," Orla nodded, letting a tear fall down her cheek. "I've really missed you, Ems."

Emily nodded. "You too, Orlie."

As Orla hugged her, she felt like jumping up and screaming. Orlie was what Emily used to call her when they were best friends.

"I mean, I don't even know what just happened," Emily shook her head. "But Orla and I are friends again. And that's all that matters."

♥︎♥︎♥︎

Telling Kate and Chris about the whole co-captain thing went better than Orla thought it would. But when they told the team, that was when Orla thought heads would turn.

"Alright, dancers!" Chris announced, walking into Studio A with Kate, Orla and Emily. "We got some exciting news, gather round, gather round! Miss Kate, the floor is yours."

Miss Kate could barely contain her excitement in a huge grin. "Orla and Emily are now co-captains."

Everyone clapped unsurely, gasping as Emily put an arm round Orla and they both smiled.

"Orla and Emily being co-dance captains?" Riley was surprised, but happy. "I definitely did not see that coming."