Chapter 4

It sure was hard getting Makaylah to the S.S.S. When I told her I was taking her, her eyes widened, and she took a slow step back. And then, of course, she bolted. And dang was that girl fast. She also had really good stamina. She ran for, like, two hours. The only reason she came with me is because she said she wanted to try it out. I took her to my car, The Hawk. 

"Hop in." I said, opening the door for her, being the real gentleman I am.

"Not yet. I'll be right back." Then she took of running. Again.

I waited in the car, and after five minutes, she came back with a bundle of fur in her arms.

"What's its name?" I asked, curious.

"Ari."

"Which means Lion." We both said in unison.

"Before the felines adopted me, my family died in a house fire when I was just a year old. It's a miracle I survived. After that, I went from house to house, but no one wanted a kid like me. But then Agent Lion found me and took me to the Felines, even though he was only 5. Back then, The Felines was a huge organization, rivaling the S.S.S. But over the years, our members died of old age, mission failures, or natural disasters. When I was 16, he gave me Ari, so I would always remember to have the heart of a lion." She said, holding out Ari so I could pet him.

I stroked the small cats head, and he looked up at me with big green eyes. We got in the car, and were silent for the whole ride. Once in a while I would glance at Makaylah and see her eyes staring out the window, shining bright. After a 45 minute drive, we got to the facility.

I locked in the code, spun the right combination. But of course it didn't open for my fingerprint.

"Ugh! I told them to fix this!" I growled

"Let me try." Makaylah said, her voice surprisingly soft.

She gently pressed her finger on the board. The last door swung open with a soft click.

"H-how?" I asked her, my mouth wide open.

She shrugged. Yep, just the casual day of a stranger accessing the most secure facility in the world. She walked in, and I slowly slipped my arm around her. Surprisingly, she didn't shove me off, judo flip me, then drop kick me into next month. Yep, I'm that smooth. (never introduce Aaron to rizz, or the world will end.)   I took her to the main room, were I had messaged my team to meat me. We were called the Call of the Wild.

I pushed open the door and was met by my four other partners. Averie, Tyler, John, and Nicholas. 

"Hey guys. Meet a possibly new recruit. Makaylah Walker. Part of The Felines. Code name leopard." I said.

Everyone had a very different reaction than the next.

Averie glared daggers at my arm, which was still around Makaylah.

John crossed his arms and smirked

Nicholas gave her a small wave and a shy smile

But Tyler stumbled towards Makaylah, wrapped her in a hug, and whispered "I missed you."