Chapter 6

I sat on the bench of Training Room 16

I sat on the bench of Training Room 16. A towel hung around my neck, sweat dripping down my neck. I had just finished training my trainee, Matthew. He is the best Spy-in-training the S.S.S. has, even though he's only 9. His mom, Olivia, worked for the S.S.S. Well, second best. Makaylah and Manya were  training in front of me. I watched as Manya, who was only 8, throw some pretty good punches, but Makaylah dodged them with ease. Manya's family died at the hands of the British Mafia, our worst enemy. So the S.S.S. took her in. I watched as Makaylah high-fived Manya, and then sent Manya on her way. She sat next to me, wiping the sweat of her face. 

"How's Matthew?" She asked

"He's good." I said, standing up. I offered her my hand and she took it. We started walking through the facility, until we finally ended up in the gardens. I heard Makaylah gasp, and I could understand why, because I had the same reaction when I first came here. It was huge, and it wasn't a typical garden. It was wild and untamed, and I hadn't brought anyone else here except Makaylah. We walked along the riverbank, navigating over upturned trees and inconvenient boulders. We gradually started hiking up, and when the path ended, we were standing at the edge of a waterfall. 

We silently sat down, and started to ask questions about each other's life. They agreed that the next day, they would bring the others here.

The next day...

Everyone came wearing there swimsuit. Well, everyone except Averie. She wasn't invited. Makaylah was wearing a ice blue short sleeved shirt and shorts swimsuit. And she was wearing a white California top with cutoff shorts as a cover up. I was was, coincidentally, wearing a matching set of ice blue swim shorts. I also had a California shirt. Tyler was wearing navy blue swim shorts, with a California shirt. Basically all of us had a California shirt. John had Carmen  red shorts, and Nicholas's shorts were sea green. We walked along the path, talking and joking around. But, in the middle of the path, a tree had fallen over and blocked the path. It was too wide to climb over, and stretched in for a long time. 

"What are we gonna do now." Nicholas grumbled. We all looked at Makaylah, who was analyzing the scene like it was a complicated math problem. 

"Follow me." She said, and walked to one of the trees. She pulled herself up, and then helped pull the rest of us up, she started to climb more. When we finally climbed down, we had ended up on the other side of the tree. We kept on walking, still chatting and goofing around. We finally ended up at the waterfall. 

Makaylah POV 

Makaylah POV 

The others gasped in awe, and me and Aaron were also surprised. The water was clearer, and looked almost glowing. John and Nicholas quickly jumped in. I was about to take a dive when I felt hands push me from behind. I had heard him already, so I made it seem like I was going to my grave by crossing my arms in the universal coffin pose. 

Aaron POV 

I crept up on Makaylah, but she must have known I was coming, because she crossed her arms in a coffin position. I was too busy laughing to notice Tyler behind me. I only noticed when I felt a push on my back and I went tumbling towards the water. When I came up spluttering, I saw Makaylah, her hair plastered to her face, laughing along with Tyler. I laughed too, and swam up to her. I pulled her underwater, and looked her in her eyes. I slowly leaned in, letting her pull away if she wanted to. She didn't. So I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her. And I gotta admit, it was better than the Percabeth kiss. Her lips were soft, and the I know how everyone said the kissing was great, but kissing Makaylah was. So. Much. Better. When we came up for air, everyone was whooping and cheering. I saw a faint blush creep into Makaylah's face. I glanced at Tyler, afraid he would disapprove. But when I caught his eye, he smirked and crossed his arms, as if to say 'it's about time.' 

We kept on swimming for a little while. We got out of the lake, and dried ourselves off. We walked back to the Facility. When we arrived to the facility, we found a fuming Averie. Oops.

"Where were you guys!?" She raged "And why is your hair wet?" 

We all shared a look. A silent agreement went between us.

"We were out here the whole time." Makaylah said, avoiding the question. Averie nodded, satisfied, and she walked inside. We followed her. We parted ways, and I headed back to my dorm, which was conveniently next to Makaylah's. I dried off my hair, then flopped onto my bed. I stared up at the ceiling, and fell asleep thinking of Makaylah's pretty face.

 Word count: 887

Their finally a  thing!!! Eek! I finally finished this chapter, and that took, like, a week! I know, that's a long time. Have fun reading, and I hope to update soon!

    -Julian