A gleam of hope

This is the first story that I've created so please bear with me, forgive me if I made a lot of grammatical mistakes (English is not my Native Language), and please share this with other people. Thank you, and enjoy reading! :)

Synopsis: You have a life filled with glee, you've attained your dream profession and got yourself a doting boyfriend but things started to go downhill as you discovered that your boyfriend Adrian was secretly having an affair with your best friend Jasmine, the person whom you trust the most was the one who betrayed you and it took a toll on you. Adrian seems to be in denial of his own infidelity so after those heated arguments the fairytale-like relationship has come to an end for good. You've suffered so much for the past several months almost seemingly unable to heal from the pain and torment that the heartbreak had caused you and it also affected your performance at your job resulting in your dismissal from work and you've faced a lot of trials from then on, despite all of these scenarios you still keep on living in hopes that everything will be alright and return to what it was once before.

-POV: Y/N

The honking sounds coming from the vehicles on the busy streets of the city breaks the deafening silence in the alleyway, the clouds are darker than usual and everything seems gloomy. The black smoke filled the air as you took a puff and exhaled it while staring blankly at the wall in front of you and contemplating the things that had happened in your life. You felt numb and empty inside, your hair was a complete mess and you were sleep deprived for the past few days. You struggle to make ends meet and you have nowhere else to go, your peers don't even have the time to check up on you. You were depressed and everything doesn't seem to go as planned. Life is but an empty dream and you are like a dead soul that slumbers, just waiting for something good to happen after losing your purpose in life.

The sound of heavy footsteps can be heard from the distance, it caught your attention and as soon as you turned to your side, you saw a tall shadowy figure of a man, slowly approaching you. The sudden change in the atmosphere made everything difficult for you, the tension in the air was too much to handle as this mysterious man took a step closer to you. A shiver ran down your spine, his cold emerald eyes stared down at you, he had a muscular build and an intimidating demeanor, his eyebrows furrowed at you as he put his free hand on his pocket before speaking in a low cold tone, "You must be y/n right?", the man said while towering over you. You were left speechless and you seemed at a loss for words as you tried to analyze the situation that you were in, you could sense some danger from him and you didn't want to mess things up and end up exacerbating your situation.

After a while, you cleared your throat and fixed your hair before looking directly into the man's eyes, his gaze seemed fixated on you and it made you even more nervous as you tried to give him a response. "Y-yeah, that's me, d-do I know you?", you asked in a slightly trembling voice. The man let out an annoyed sigh before speaking again. "Well I'm Damian Miller, I need you to come with me", he spoke in a serious tone as if he was giving you an order and without further ado, he grabbed your wrist and dragged you out of the alleyway. "H-hey wait up! Where are we going? Stop!", you yelled at him but he didn't even budge, he wasn't going to listen to you at all and his grip tightened around your wrist which made you groan in pain.

A couple of minutes had passed as you both made your way out of the alleyway, you saw a Black Panamera Porsche car, it was parked in front of a café across the street. You were mesmerized by the beauty of the luxurious car, it was your first time seeing that kind of thing in your life. You wouldn't have thought that you'd get to see it with your own eyes, you're a big fan of cars so you knew very well that someone wealthy enough can only afford that thing and your gaze darted towards the man in front of you who keeps dragging you towards the car. Damien opened the car door and shoved you inside while taking a seat beside you and he immediately closed the door behind and asked his driver to leave the place. It was a silent car ride neither of you spoke at that moment, half an hour had passed and you still couldn't utter a simple word to him and before you could even try again he cut you off by saying with his usual indifferent tone, "I'd like to discuss some important matters with you once we arrive at our destination, I expect you to be more cooperative and obedient and don't even dare to run away from me, got that?", he said sternly and when he mentioned the last part of his sentence, it feels like he's threatening you in some way and you felt scared because of that so you only gave him a slight nod as your response to his statement and the car fell silent again, only the sound of the engine can be heard and it was undoubtedly an awkward situation to be in.

                                         •☽────✧˖°˖☆˖°˖✧────☾•

A/N: I hope you enjoyed reading the story that I've made so far, I'll always try my best to upload the following chapters as soon as possible. As an amateur writer, I'd like to know your thoughts and opinions regarding my work. I would like to make some improvements and I want to get better at writing so I can offer you a better story that you might like, your feedback is important so feel free to tell your honest reviews/reactions, I'd appreciate it if you do.

Thanks! ⸜(⸝⸝⸝'꒳'⸝⸝⸝)⸝