Defiance in the moonlight

The stilettos hitting the marble floor echoed throughout the mansion's halls and Y/n ascended the staircase towards the bedroom. The doorknob twisted open followed by an exasperated sigh, the door closed behind and you entered the bathroom to take a warm bath, your body leaning against the tub with the water caressing your delicate skin. Y/n felt exhausted and you stepped out of the bathroom in your silk robe after a while. The fabric hugged your body perfectly, it was soft and comfortable. Your hair was damp from the shower, you then walked towards the balcony and decided to stay there to unwind for a moment.

The soft glow of the moonlight illuminated the vast garden around the estate, you sat down and took a deep breath with a flood of thoughts coursing through your mind. "Thank God Clara left, I might've slapped her hard across the face to knock some senses out of her when I had the chance to, but she was lucky because I still had enough patience left in me," you thought silently. The wind gushed through your hair until the moment of silence was replaced by a sudden thud from behind. You got startled and turned your head toward the direction of the sound and your eyes met the icy gaze of Damien who stood a few feet away from you as he closed the sliding door behind him. You gulped nervously as he began approaching you, his large frame towering over you. You lifted your head and his eyes narrowed along with his brows furrowing, he let out a sharp sigh before he spoke in a surprisingly gentle manner. "Are you alright?" he asked seemingly worried. "I-uh...what?" you asked again and your voice trembled a bit. "I wanted to know if you're alright," his tone suddenly shifted back to being cold. "Y-yeah I'm fine, thanks for asking," you chuckled slightly to ease your nerves. "Good" he replied briefly. "Why are you still up? It's late," Damien asked as he leaned back against the railings, his gaze lingering on your face longer than usual. "Well I have trouble sleeping and I'm not that tired yet," you responded in a hushed tone.

A smirk tugged the corners of his mouth and his eyes glint with mischief, he stepped closer to you and brushed a lock of your hair behind your ear before leaning in a few inches away from your face. "You have trouble sleeping huh? I think I can help you with that, what do you think baby?" he asked in a playful tone. Your jaw dropped to the floor as he left you speechless and the way he addressed you gave you butterflies in your stomach for an unknown reason. Your pale skin started to gain a slight tint of red on them, your breathing became rapid and shallow. His perfume reached your nose and the scent was intoxicating, his hot breath caressed the side of your face making you desperate for his touch. A chuckle escaped his lips as he stared down at you, observing your reaction as he appeared amused by the way you responded to his subtle touch. "Oh? What's wrong? You seemed flustered," he remarked. You snapped out of your trance and stepped backward before averting your gaze, trying to hide the blush spread across your cheeks. "N-no I'm not," you tried to make excuses but it was no use he knew better. "Yes you are, come here," he said while looking at you. You refused to step forward with your head downcast toward the floor, his eyes darkened briefly, and he grabbed your wrist, pulling you towards him. "I'm not asking you Y/n," he whispered authoritatively in your ear. You gasped lightly and muttered silently "Sorry,".

He smiled a bit before he carried you over his shoulder and walked back to your room, you struggled to get out from his grip but he didn't dare to let you go at all even though you started thrashing on his shoulder. "Be a good girl and behave or I'll do something you might actually regret or perhaps you might also like it," he said calmly but there was a mischievous grin plastered on his face, you flushed and decided to remain silent. "Good girl," he said calmly.

You both entered your room and he gently put you down on the bed, he lay beside you and began stroking your hair. "Are you comfortable now?" he asked sounding concerned. "Yes, thanks," you replied. "Look at me," he said with his gaze remaining fixated on you. You didn't look at him which ignited his irritation even more. "Look at me Y/n when I'm talking to you," his voice sounded harsh and deep as he spoke. You gradually met his eyes and your lips quivered a bit as you felt intimidated and nervous around him but his expression softened a bit when you listened to him. "Much better," he muttered softly.

The tension was palpable in the room before Damien decided to break the ice and spoke again. "You know I hate it when women like you don't listen to whatever I say, I don't get why you're so stubborn sometimes, I just want a good obedient wife for myself, is that too much to ask for? Hm?" he asked as he leaned a bit closer to you as he waited for your answer in mere anticipation.

His words struck your nerve and you pulled back slightly, seemingly annoyed. "What's wrong princess? Did I say something wrong?". You glared at him before you responded. "Yes, I'm sorry if I act stubborn and immature sometimes it's just that I'm not the type of woman who would listen to anyone whenever they please and you should've known that from the very beginning," your voice was laced with sarcasm and irritation.

Damien's eyes darkened once more with anger as he stared daggers at you. "Don't you dare speak to me like that, know your place," he scowled at you. Y/n scoffed and spoke once more. "Then what? Are you gonna hurt me if I spoke that way to you again? Or maybe because you just can't handle the fact that I'm not somewhere near your ideal woman, and you don't get to tell me what to do,". You could see Damien gritting his teeth as he tried to calm himself down. "Feisty, eh? I like that. Fine you really want to act this way baby? Then so be it, I'll teach you how to behave like a good little girl," he whispered gruffly in your ear as a smirk formed in his lips. You gulped nervously as you waited for his next move.