Unraveling Deceptions

As the tension simmered in the room, the air felt heavy with unspoken words and hidden agendas. Clara's facade of sweetness thinly veiled her true intentions, and you couldn't shake off the feeling of impending confrontation.

Ignoring Clara's feigned banter, you glanced at Damien, noticing the furrow in his brow and the unease flickering in his eyes. There was a silent understanding between you both, a shared awareness of the unsettling presence Clara brought into your lives.

Setting down the tray with deliberate care, you squared your shoulders, steeling yourself for what was to come. "Clara", you began, your voice steady despite the tumultuous emotions swirling within you, "I couldn't help but notice your familiarity with Damien".

Clara's facade faltered for a moment, her hazel eyes narrowing imperceptibly before she plastered on a saccharine smile. "Oh, Y/n, you must be mistaken", she replied smoothly, though her tone betrayed a hint of defensiveness.

But you refused to be swayed by her deceptive charms. "I saw the way you were with him, Clara", you continued in a firm voice. "And I can't help but wonder what your intentions are".

Damien remained silent, his gaze fixed on Clara, a hint of suspicion clouding his features. It was clear that he, too, harbored doubts about Clara's motives.

Clara's facade cracked, her mask slipping further as she struggled to maintain her composure. "I-I don't know what you're talking about", she stammered, her facade crumbling in the face of your unwavering gaze.

But you refused to back down, your determination unwavering. "Enough with the lies Clara", you said, your voice ringing with conviction.

The room fell silent, the tension palpable as Clara's facade shattered, revealing the deceit lurking beneath the surface. And as the truth began to unravel, you knew that nothing would ever be the same again.

After what felt like an eternity, you spoke once more with a hint of amusement in your tone. "Did I scare you? I was just messing around, you're too serious Clara", you chuckled trying to taunt her more. Clara was frozen for a while and she realized what you had just said before you witnessed her eyes flickering with rage. A sly smirk crept up on your face when you managed to get under her skin. However, the piercing look on her face soon faded and was replaced with a composed expression, it seemed that she knew how to play her cards right.

"Is that so? You got me good Y/n", she said along with her sham smile. The sight was nauseating but before you could even respond Damien cleared his throat and got up from his seat, adjusting the tie in his suit and he gave the both of you a cold glare before walking out of the room leaving you and Clara alone. You were caught off guard by the sudden shift in his behavior which left you in turmoil, you stopped the urge to follow him as it was evident that he wanted to be alone for a while.

Clara then crossed her legs and leaned against the couch, flashing a grin at you. "Oh my, if it wasn't for that smart little brain of yours, Damien wouldn't have to leave the room, well what did I expect from a pathetic whore like you", she said with a hint of sarcasm in her voice, she was trying to provoke you. Your eyes widened upon hearing those words from her mouth and anger coursed throughout your body. "Excuse me?! Are you trying to blame me for the way he acted just now?", you asked trying to remain calm despite being mad within. "Yes I am, what else do you think I'm referring to? God, I can't believe that Damien would choose a woman like you, well I must admit that you have a pretty face and a good figure but you have a trashy personality and a total duffer, I bet he'll get tired of you easily once he achieved his goal, who knows? You might end up getting a divorce and he'll dump you like the women he had been with before", her voice was laced with a taunting tone.

Y/n remained silent for a few more seconds before speaking, "I see, well I already knew that, but don't put the blame on me, and another thing I am not a whore. You might be rich, beautiful, and intelligent but none of those matter if you have a nasty personality, now I'm starting to think that you're just an impudent person. What an ill-mannered woman, also you should stop being jealous because it would result in unwanted obsession, so stop being delusional and accept the fact that I've got him now", you replied with confidence. When you look at Clara you notice a twisted expression drawn on her face. "What did you just call me?!", she asked with her voice raised indicating her frustration. "You heard me", you replied.

Y/n's response only fueled her anger. "What the fuck?! I am not ill-mannered! You should shut your mouth, you don't know a thing about me", she scowled. "Same here", you replied briefly. Clara scoffed and glared at you but you didn't falter. "No wonder your ex left you for your best friend, I guess he already got bored of you and realized that she was better than you", she said with a smirk while jeering at you. "Well I'm glad that I finally got out of that toxic relationship and he did me a favor by saving me from further damage, don't you think?".

Clara remained silent for a while and she met your gaze once more, "I know, just a word of advice if you don't want to repeat the same mistake again, stay away from Damien", she got up and took her bag before walking out of the room while muttering something under her breath. "I'll take back what's mine and I'll make sure you'll regret stealing him from me", she smiled as she exited the mansion with a sinister plan in her mind.