Clash of wills

There's a deafening silence in the room, you remain seated alone, and Clara's veiled motives unsettle you. The tension from the dispute earlier still lingered in the atmosphere. Y/n let out a deep sigh before leaving the living room but you were caught by surprise as you noticed a tall figure towering over you and when you lifted your head, you saw Damien staring down at you with those deep emerald eyes.

A frown etched across his face, and he seemed irritated from what he had heard earlier but there was a hint of concern in his eyes. He opened his mouth and spoke in a cold harsh tone. "What the hell was that?!" he said. "W-what...a-are you talking about?" you asked with a slight tremble. "Why did you let her say those things to you? Are you fine with her stepping down on you?" he asked with a menacing tone. "I-...uh...It's...," you stammered a bit and tried to explain yourself but he cut you off immediately. "You're unbelievable! If you like being humiliated like that then I might as well do it to you instead of her, is that what you want?!" he raised his voice as he asked this, and he clenched his fists tightly as he tried to remain calm despite the anger he was feeling right now.

As Damien's voice echoed through the room, the tension grew palpable each time. His sudden outburst caught you off guard and you struggled to find the words to respond. Before you could gather your thoughts, a flood of emotions washed over you——confusion, frustration, perhaps hurt.

You lowered your head and fixed your gaze on the floor, feeling scared and nervous at his intimidating behavior just now. You then heard a sigh, you glanced at him and you saw him running his hand through his hair, it made him look attractive for a moment but you quickly snapped out of your trance, you never expected him to be protective over you but there's a subtle hint of care and tenderness in his demeanor despite his cold facade. The underlying warmth in his expression was undeniable and it made your heart flutter for some reason. It dawned on you that his reaction wasn't solely about your situation but perhaps a reflection of his inner turmoil.

Before either of you could speak another word, the sound of approaching footsteps interrupted the charged moment. Clara entered the room, her expression a mix of concern and curiosity as she glanced between the two of you.

"Is everything alright here?" she inquired, her voice soft but carrying an underlying tension.

Damien's demeanor shifted slightly as he regained his composure, though the tension still lingered in the air. "Everything's fine," he replied curtly, his gaze briefly flickering to you before settling back on Clara.

You exchanged a knowing glance with Damien, silently acknowledging the unspoken understanding that passed between you. Despite the conflict and unresolved emotions swirling around you, it was clear that something had shifted in your dynamic, setting the stage for what was to come next.

You noticed a sly smirk painted across Clara's face as soon as she heard those words and she understood the situation almost instantly, your blood boiled from the sight. "That witch! Why is she still here? I thought she left earlier, what a nuisance," you thought to yourself as you gritted your teeth and watched Damien turning his back against you and his heavy footsteps filled the empty halls of the mansion. His movements were graceful and displayed dominance but his expression remained cold and stoic.

A giggle escaped through Clara's lips, it caught your attention and it was as annoying as it sounds. She was trying to taunt you and her hazel eyes lingered for a while, as she studied you thoroughly looking for any signs of a reaction but she then decided to approach you, and she leaned closer next to your ear, her expression turned into a menacing look. Clara was dead serious and her hot breath tickled the side of your neck before she spoke in a threatening tone. "Leave Damien alone or else....you'll know what could happen and I will make sure that you'll regret crossing paths with me and one more thing, we're still not done yet, I bet you won't even try to humiliate me ever again you're really pushing your luck to an extent huh? Don't you dare think for a damn moment that I'd let you get away from what you did earlier, you crushed my ego back there," she remarked. A smile tugged the corners of her mouth and her eyes twinkled with bitterness and perhaps jealousy as she looked at you.

You looked at her, your gaze unwavering. Clara's attempt to intimidate you failed, you were unfazed despite her threatening words against you. A heavy sigh came out of your mouth and you lifted your head and stared at her before speaking calmly. "Well I enjoyed our friendly banter earlier, it was fun don't you think?" you said sarcastically. "If you think that you can scare me with those petty words of yours, then you're wrong I've heard many things like that before and those are way worse and harsher than yours, I also enjoyed crushing your ego I didn't expect that I'd get under your skin," a grin spread across your face. "Y-..you filthy bitch!" she scowled as she heard all of it.

She raised her hand and tried to slap you but you stopped her midway with your hand gripping hers tightly, she winced a bit from the pain before she withdrew her hand and you glared at her, she dropped her hand to her sides and clenched her fists tightly. "You'll pay for this", she muttered to herself as she looked at you with hatred in her eyes and stormed out of the mansion slamming the doors shut behind her. You could hear the screeching of the tires of her car as she drove off engulfed with frustration. You let out an exasperated sigh and decided to retreat to your room after a long day, you felt relieved knowing that you won against her this time again and you managed to irritate her further.

"Y/n-1; Clara-0", you chuckled a bit as the thought crossed your mind, you looked out the window and wondered how your day would unfold tomorrow.