Mysterious Visitor

The sunshine shone through the glass windows, you could hear the faint sound of the birds chirping outside, it was a lovely day. Y/n tossed around the bed and after a few minutes, you slowly got up feeling a little groggy, you yawned and stretched your arms. You make your bed and get ready to start your day.

You went downstairs and the servants greeted you, you smiled and did the same to them. They lead you towards the dining hall, one of them pulled out a seat for you and you thanked them for their hospitality. You can smell the ambrosial aroma coming from the kitchen nearby and soon enough the food had finally arrived.

The maid served the food on the table and they made a healthy American breakfast and you couldn't contain your hunger anymore, the food looked appetizing and you could tell that they did their best to satisfy your taste. You immediately grabbed the cutlery and started eating, you took your time to savor every bite of your meal. Y/n was delighted with the food and you praised the chef that made it before you left the mansion.

The chauffeur brought you to the hospital, you entered the place and it seemed that you were in a good mood today, you got into the lift and pressed the button towards the 5th floor where Damien's room is located. Soon after, the doors opened and you stepped out of the lift and walked down the hallway until you reached Room 503, you took a deep breath before knocking on the door. There was a moment of silence and no one responded to your knocks so you decided to enter the room, the doorknob twisted and the door creaked open, you saw Damien lying on the hospital bed and he looked a lot better than yesterday.

You sat down on the chair beside him and stayed there for a while until he woke up. His gorgeous emerald eyes slowly turned to look at you as he sat up in bed while adjusting himself into a more comfortable position. "I didn't expect you here, what brings you here today?", he asked calmly. "I-I...er... just wanted to see you, I mean...I just wanted to check up on you", you stuttered a bit as you explained your reason. "Oh yeah?", he raised an eyebrow and expected a reply from you. "Yeah, that's right by the way, how are you feeling now?", you asked with a hint of concern in your voice. "I'm good, I think I can go home tomorrow and return to work in a few days", he said flatly. You both talked for a while and exchanged short and vague answers to each other before he told you to return home which you obeyed and gave him some time for himself.

You stood up from your seat as you said goodbye and Damien turned his back on you while closing his eyes, indicating that he wanted to get some rest and wanted you to leave him alone. Y/n let out a sigh and exited the room, you were walking down the hallway seemingly oblivious to your surroundings as your mind was filled with a bunch of thoughts and that's when you accidentally bumped into someone, you apologized to the person and helped pick up the stuff on the floor. You looked up and saw a woman, she was drop-dead gorgeous. Her warm hazel eyes stare right at you, her face is proportionate, and she has a sharp jawline, a high bridged straight nose, and she has plump full lips, she looks like a supermodel. "Are you okay?", she asked in a soft worried voice. "Yeah I'm fine, sorry for bumping into you, I didn't mean it, I wasn't lo-...". She then cuts you off midway by saying, "It's alright I'm glad you're fine". She smiled at you and it almost made your heart melt and she walked away, you were relieved that she didn't yell at you despite what just had happened, she was kind and she gave off a touch of perfection in her looks and personality.

You watched her as she left and you started to walk away as well but you stopped and looked down for a second. You noticed that there was a small piece of a letter on the ground, it must've fallen from the gift bag that she was holding earlier and you tried to call out for her but it was too late, she was nowhere to be seen and you realized that you hadn't got her name as well. You sighed out of frustration, you got curious and decided to take a look at the card.

"Wait a second, Is she going to visit-...no, it must've been a mistake right? An acquaintance perhaps? Never mind", you muttered to yourself and decided to leave the letter at the reception desk so the woman could pick it up from there later in case she started to look for it and left the hospital.