Rendezvous

It has been almost a week since Damien was discharged from the hospital and he has finally returned to work. Y/n was currently at the mansion, you sat in the living room and grabbed the remote control before you turned on the television to watch some news. You leaned against your seat with your legs crossed and a cup of coffee in your hand, it was another tranquil day.

You were just enjoying the rest of the day at home, and you decided to take a walk in the garden and there are a lot of flowers and fruit-bearing trees around. It was a nice place to unwind for a bit, you sat on a bench and looked up at the sky. It was painted in azure, it was a clear sunny day, you took a deep breath and admired your surroundings. The warm summer breeze is brushing against your delicate skin. After a while, you were startled by the buzzing sound of your phone, you pulled it out from your pocket and checked the caller ID, it was from an unknown number, you hesitated for a moment before you picked it up.

You greeted the person on the other end of the phone call and tried to be more friendly, "Hello, this is Y/n speaking, who is this?", you asked curiously. "Hey Y/n!, don't you remember me anymore?", the person asked in a cheerful tone. "W-wait a second...don't tell me, are you Elijah?", you were in utter disbelief when you heard this familiar voice and waited patiently for his response. "Yep! that's me, it's been so long Y/n I'm glad to hear your voice once again", the man chuckled before speaking again. "So...I'm back in the country and I was hoping if you'd like to go somewhere else with me, we can grab something to eat while talking I mean there's a lot of catching up to do, I really want to see you again, are you okay with that idea?", he asked politely. "Yeah sure, I'm down for it", you said eagerly. "Alright, it's settled then by the way where do you live? Do you want me to pick you up or do you prefer to come here by yourself?", he asked in a calm manner. "Thanks but I prefer to go there by myself you don't have to bother yourself with it", you responded quickly. "Okay, so let's meet at that restaurant that we used to visit a lot back then, does 6 p.m. sound good to you?", he asked waiting for your confirmation. "Yes that's fine with me!", you said happily. "Alright, 6 p.m. it is, see ya later Mon Chéri!", he said flirtatiously before hanging up the phone which left you puzzled and a bit flustered due to his last statement.

You put your makeup on and wear a cute yet elegant dress for dinner. You soon arrived at the restaurant. The place gives off a nostalgic feeling when you enter the premises, your eyes immediately scan the surroundings and there is no sign of Elijah, you let out a sigh and walk towards an empty seat near the window. You put your bag down and adjusted your chair, the streets are busy, and there are a lot of office workers and strangers walking past the restaurant. You decided to check your phone to see if Elijah had left a message for you. Your phone suddenly chimed and you saw Elijah's text, you pressed the notification on your phone and read his message. "Hey I'm sorry Y/n I was meant to be there 20 minutes earlier than the said time but I got caught up with a lot of work today and my boss made me finish some paperwork but don't worry I'll be there in 5 minutes, I apologize again please wait for me :)". You just stared at the text for a moment before turning off your phone.

You put your hand under your chin and looked out the window again, you were getting impatient but you decided to wait for him anyway. Several minutes passed and the doors of the restaurant opened and the bells that were dangling above rang indicating that someone had just entered the place. "Y/n! there you are", a man's voice can be heard and you slowly turned your head towards the direction of the voice and your eyes widened in awe when you spotted him.

"Oh my God! Am I dreaming?", you asked yourself before you decided to pinch your arm which caused you to flinch in pain and you realized that you weren't dreaming at all.