Family Dinner

It was already quarter past six in the evening, and you were busy getting ready for dinner tonight with Damien's family, the servants helped you out and there was also a stylist and makeup artist provided for you by none other than your soon-to-be husband, it was clear that he really wanted you to look your best for the occasion.

After a while y/n went downstairs and as soon as Damien's gaze met yours, he was astonished and couldn't utter a single word to you, he remained silent for a few minutes as he carefully analyzed you from head to toe, and a small smile formed on his lips, it was like a look of satisfaction. You felt a bit embarrassed by the awkward situation but he cleared his throat and spoke in a calm yet neutral tone, "You look stunning! You did a great job, that dress suits you". Your eyes widened in surprise as you processed everything that he had said to you, "Did he just compliment me? I didn't expect him to say something like that", you thought to yourself before looking into the mirror and you couldn't help but admire yourself. That long black V-neck evening dress looks good on you, the soft fabric hugs your curves perfectly and it wasn't revealing but it was elegant and you looked sophisticated in it, the dress compliments your body shape and it was indeed a great choice. You look gorgeous with your beauty and confidence alone but this attire makes it even better.

Damien offered his hand for you to take as he escorted you outside of the mansion towards the car, he held the door for you and you weren't expecting an act of chivalry from him but you decided to set your thoughts aside. "After you", he said calmly, you nodded and got inside the car first before he sat down beside you while closing the door behind you, you adjusted yourself into a more comfortable sitting position. His chauffeur started the engine before driving off towards the destination, it was a silent car ride at first but he decided to speak this time. "You'll soon meet my parents and I guess some of our relatives will also join us for dinner, don't get worked up, just be yourself and please don't create a scene and humiliate me in front of them, you wouldn't like the consequences", he said sternly while looking out the window before letting out a sigh, he then turned to look at you, "I guess I don't have to worry that much, I can count on you right? Don't disappoint me", you gave him a slight smile before nodding at his statement, "Of course, I won't let you down", he was glad to hear those words from you and the car fell silent again as the both of you are getting close to your destination.

You soon arrived at the place, you both stepped out of the car and you saw an extensive estate. It was beautiful, the mansion was huge and had a classy design to it, Damien was already walking ahead of you before entering the place while you followed him from behind. The maid brought the both of you into the dining hall before leaving as they prepare the food and Damien's parents and relatives are already gathered around the room. They all turned to look at you as soon as they felt your presence, there was a hint of judgment in their eyes as they continued to examine every movement you made, after a while they all greeted you with a smile on their faces and one of them pulled out a chair for you to sit. Y/n was really nervous, you could feel their intense stares and it almost penetrated right through your soul, your anxiety was slowly increasing every minute. The tension in the room makes you feel suffocated, you're not used to these kinds of social gatherings but you manage to keep your cool, you try to make small talk and even introduce yourself as you struggle to get comfortable around them.

After twenty minutes of waiting the food finally arrived, the maids served each one of them with their respective meals and it looked appetizing but you waited for the others before digging in. There is a vast selection of delicacies on the table and you try each one of those and maintain small portions of food on your plate as you don't want anything to go to waste in case you don't like the taste of it. Everyone took their time to savor the food while engaging themselves in various interesting topics to talk about while eating their meals, you found yourself listening intently to the conversation and that's when you spotted a woman staring right at you, her cold and stern look made you uncomfortable.

She cleared her throat and everyone stopped talking and took a moment to look at her, she then spoke in a calm and cold tone while her gaze was still fixated on you, "I'm Evelyn Miller, Damien's mother and this is my husband Nathan", she then pointed to the man next to her and Damien resembles his father a lot, both of his parents are well-reserved individuals, they're attractive and had that signature cold façade. "You must be y/n right? My future daughter-in-law", she asked politely and seemed intrigued by you. You got even more anxious to speak at this point then you let out a small sigh before looking at his mother again. "Yes that's me, it's a pleasure to finally meet you", you gave her a warm and friendly smile which made her nod at your words, "The pleasure is all mine dear well I wanted to get to know you better, do you mind if I ask you a couple of questions?", she was being kind to you this time and she seems to want to get your permission first as her way of showing respect to her guests. You nodded in response, "Of course, I don't mind it". Sweat formed on your forehead and you started to feel nervous, you were not prepared at all but you tried to convince yourself that everything would be just fine.

"Looks like this is going to be a long night", you thought to yourself.