Chapter 78

Lu Zhiqian chuckled, his voice carrying a hint of amusement: "Teacher Luo, the feeling of wearing a green hat must be quite unpleasant, right?"

Luo Juntian gave a casual glance at Lu Zhiqian beside him, "A green hat? What's this, Mr. Lu? Are you wearing a green hat?"

Liu Zhiqian's laughter faded, and he lowered his voice, saying mockingly, 'Young man, playing with words like this is pointless. Perhaps you're not aware, but the woman you're so protective of, Gu Yuan, who has she gotten involved with now?"

Luo Juntian's eyes gradually revealed a hint of coldness, but he still raised an eyebrow and asked, 'Oh, with whom?'

Liu Zhiqian smiled with a hint of pity, 'Young man, you might be in the dark about this. Gu Yuan, she's not as innocent as you think. Her scheming goes beyond your imagination."

Luo Junian remained silent.

Lu Zhiqian leisurely divulged his piece of information: "She first got involved with you to secure her role in 'Xuanji Chronicles,' but obviously, her ambitions go beyond that. And you, in her eyes, are simply not enough. She has now ensnared both Nie Yu and his father."

Luo Junian inquired: "Nie Yu and his father?"

Lu Zhiqian recalled what he had just noticed and became excited: "Yes, I couldn't be mistaken. The way Nie Nanqing spoke to her, their relationship is definitely not pure. And then, Nie Yu was even seen with his arm around her shoulder. The way he posed, tsk tsk tsk, she has ensnared both father and son. This is playing both sides!"

Luo Junian furrowed his brow, his expression full of doubt. Did Nie Nanqing have intentions towards his mother?

As he contemplated this, he remembered the golden statue that Nie Nanqing had given to his mother. Had Nie Nanqing already harbored feelings from that time? After all, if it were merely gratitude, a gift like an island or a fund would suffice. Why put in so much effort?

Lu Zhiqian misinterpreted Luo Junian's expression. He felt victorious, smiled slowly, and said: "Teacher Luo, you are still young and may not recognize the intentions of some women. Despite their outward simplicity, the things they do behind the scenes..."

Luo Junian calmly scanned Lu Zhiqian and warned: "Mr. Lu, focus on yourself. Keep your mouth shut when you shouldn't speak and close your ears when you shouldn't listen. Otherwise, you'll invite trouble."

Lu Zhiqian thought that Luo Junian didn't believe him and taunted, "Tsk tsk tsk, the way she's cozying up to Nie Yu, it's..."

However, as he was speaking, a young man in an oversized red suit walked over. He had a confident and eye-catching gait, and it was none other than Nie Yu.

Liu Zhiqian fell silent and gave Nie Yu a sidelong glance. Meeting your rival face to face, these two actually ran into each other?

It looked like the drama was about to unfold.

He observed the scene with a cold gaze.

Luo Juntian stood up and raised his hand. Was he going to start a fight?

But in the next moment, he saw something surprising. Luo Junian gestured for Nie Yu to sit down.

Lu Zhiqian furrowed his brow, squinting as he closely observed. Was this about to be a private conversation?

When Nie Yu sat down, he glanced at Luo Junian, and there was a hint of pride in his expression. "By the way, I plan to win the Star Crown tonight to give it to her. What do you think? Will she like it?"

He didn't directly refer to his mother in front of outsiders, but he wanted to bring up the topic.

Luo Junian, who had been pondering the situation with Nie Nanqing and his mother, responded with a nonchalant comment: "I'm afraid there will be quite a few aiming for the Star Crown tonight."