Chapter 81

Huo Lanting has never lacked money since childhood.

He knows he has a lot of money, and his dad also has a lot of money. In his world, the thought of wanting to buy something but not having enough money doesn't exist.

In the education he received at a young age, money is for management. Money is just a tool, a means of allocating limited resources.

But now, listening to Nie Yu's excited and show-off words, he realizes that it was Nie Yu who took away the Star of the Crown. Yet, he couldn't participate in the auction for the Star of the Crown due to lack of money.

At such a young age, he widens his eyes, watching a scene not far away, savoring the current sense of loss, and his young heart forms two resolutions.

When I grow up, I want to have a lot of money and not worry about not having pocket money to buy the Star of the Crown.

I must give her a more expensive and beautiful gift, surpassing the Star of the Crown.

By then, she will surely be very surprised.

...

Having obtained the Star of the Crown, would she be surprised?

No.

Gu Yuan doesn't feel surprised; she only feels frightened. The Star of the Crown, is a necklace worth over four billion, no matter how expensive, it's just a necklace. Wearing it around her neck, she would feel like she's carrying over four billion in property. Shwe was afraid that someone would point a knife at her neck while walking on the street.

But looking at her son's excited look of "I bought the Star of the Crown for Mom," the excitement after auctioning the Star of the Crown, she can't bring herself to dampen his spirits.

So, she can only say excitedly, "Really? Nie Yu, it's actually you who got it?"

Nie Yu is proud, "Of course, at that time, there was someone with the number 29 who was fighting against me. I decisively raised the bid by fifty million, and the other party was scared away!"

Listening to this, Gu Yuan feels her heart trembling. "Son, Mom thinks you're too outstanding. The Star of the Crown is indeed a treasure. You can get it, and many people will envy you. But I think—"

She thought for a moment and still spoke the truth, "I think it's too expensive. Mom doesn't need such expensive jewelry. In the future, don't spend so much money on buying things for me. After all, you haven't inherited the family business yet, and you have a heavy burden on your shoulders. How can you spend money so casually? Aren't you heartbroken by so much money spent easily? Isn't this too extravagant?"

However, Nie Yu obviously couldn't understand his mom's meaning, "Mom, it's not extravagant! You don't have to worry. A few billion is nothing to me. Moreover, it's not my dad's money; it's mine. I've been investing my pocket money since I was young, and the profits are pretty good!"

Hearing this, Gu Yuan felt like she was in a dream. She remembered the gold figurine that Nie Nanqing had given her.

Looking at her son in front of her, she suddenly realized that this son was indeed his father's biological son.

Gu Yuan took a deep breath. She felt that if she wanted her son not to be so extravagant, maybe she should talk to Nie Nanqing?

After all, her son bought such an expensive gift for her, which showed filial piety. If she reacted too strongly, it would hurt his heart. It might be more reliable to communicate with Nie Nanqing from the source to slowly correct this spending habit.