Chapter 7

As I am running down the stairs to see who is outside my house, a voice in my head says be careful. Trust no one. I shrug my shoulders, walk to the door, and pull it open as Blaze is about to knock on the door. HOLY COW!! I jump back, shocked to see him standing right in front of me and wonder what is he doing here?

"Uh, hi, Blaze, what are you doing here?" I stammer. I shook my head in embarrassment I had to of sounded like an idiot.

"Um, yeah. Hi Raven. I don't know why I am here actually. I was just out for a drive and somehow, I ended up here. I don't even remember driving here actually. I am really confused. Uh, can I come in?" he said looking completely disheveled and totally hot, by the way. I stepped aside and motioned for him to come in. He just stood there, not moving. I wondered why he didn't just come in. He just kind of stood there staring at me.

"Uh, come on in then?" I said, looking at him strangely. He walked past me straight for the den. I closed the door behind him shaking my head muttering and mumbling to myself about how weird things are getting around here.

As I followed him to the door I noticed a dark shadow like creature out in my backyard around the pool area, I stopped and stared out the patio doors trying to see it better, when Blaze came up behind me and asked me what I was looking at. Just as I was about to explain I heard a sharp intake of air come from him. He must have seen it too. Next thing I know I am being shoved behind him, in a blur of motion and heard a low growl escape from Blaze's lips.

"Stay behind me!! He will never get you, Raven! Not as long as I am here." Blaze screams. I look up at his face and it has changed. It's not the same Blaze that I know, he has grown long fangs, and his eyes are glowing blood red. He looks down at me and we lock eyes.

All of the sudden the room starts to spin, it feels like I am floating, I hear my heart beating in my ears but then I also hear...what is that...oh god, is that Blazes heartbeat? Why can I hear his heartbeat too? It feels like we are melting into one person, one body, one soul. Our hearts beat in unison. It looks like fireworks are going off around us and the heat in air is almost unbearable, but there is this smell, this wonderful smell of chocolate and cinnamon. My two favorite smells, but I can't find where it is coming from. I break eye contact and look at our hands and between them gold and red sparks fly, I feel like I am tethered to the world by just him and if he were to be injured it would injure or possibly even kill me.

Then as fast as it started it was over. Both of us breathing hard and sweating. I wrap my arms around him pulling him tight as he bends his head down and kisses me hard. Our union sealed with a kiss. We pull apart and take a moment to shake out what just happened.

The mate bond has been started; I hear in my head. Oh, my goodness!! Blaze is my one true love and my mate. I look back at him with questioning eyes and say,

"Um, Blaze?" Disrupting his steel gaze out the back door. He slowly turns around and looks at me, red eyes burning a hole deep inside my heart. "Blaze, are you ok?" I ask.

"Of course, I am. Why would you ask that Raven?" he replied. I turn him slowly to look in the mirror hanging on the wall of the kitchen. He jumps back in shock and his hand flies up to his mouth where he starts running his hand down his fangs as he stares at himself in the mirror, stammering,

"I, uh, um, what is happening to me? I don't understand. Am I a vampire? What? How is this real, I think I am hallucinating. Raven, are you ok, are you a vampire too?"

"I am fine Blaze. No, I am not a vampire. I think we need to talk." Just as the words fly out of my mouth the book appears on the countertop. I look to the backyard and the mist is gone. I turn to Blaze and his features have returned to normal. I think we should go sit in the den.