Chapter 10

We walked into the house, and I went into the kitchen, grabbed us each a Coke, some snacks and turned to go to my room, where I think Blaze is already at. As I turn the corner to go upstairs, he is just sitting on the steps waiting for me, with his head hung low. He has this aura about him, sort of a vibration, exuding from him.

I reach out to touch his shoulder with my one free hand and his head jerks up, startling me. I jump back in shock, dropping snacks everywhere. His eyes were red, and his fangs were out. I suddenly didn't want to do anything but jump on his lap and show him how much I loved him, how much I needed him.

I slowly reached out for his hand, as I led him to my bedroom. He walked, no more like floated into my room behind me, and I start placing the wards around the room. He sat down on my bed, staring at me and licking his lips like I was a delicious little snack for him to sink his teeth into.

I get done with the wards and as I turn to say something to him, he is up and all over me. The passion was intense as he kissed my neck. I could feel the fire building in my abdomen. The make out session was hot and heavy. If the room hadn't been guarded the neighbors would have thought, we were shooting fireworks off in my room. Red and Gold swirls of light shooting off the walls and floor all around us. Then, right before we took it too far the book appeared and stopped us. Panting, we both stared intently at the nasty thing that just interrupted the most amazing thing to happen to me in my life.

"Ok, that is enough for now. It is not time to consummate your mark yet. Us in the book have discussed the danger risk that is increasing quickly around you. And have decided to leave the training as is. You will, however, be training longer and harder than before. You need not worry about sleep right now, as we are going to bathe you in a spell that makes your body think you slept a full eight hours. You have two days of training left and will need to be hyper vigilant with your studies. Oh, your familiar is here, please allow him entrance."

"What? Wait? No sleep, but our bodies think we slept. And Ashton is here? I am so confused." I walk over to the window and open it, breaking the wards. I look outside and yep, sure enough there is Ashton sitting on my driveway. Staring at my bedroom window.

The second we make eye contact, there is a rush of air, and he is in my room, closing the bedroom window and placing wards again. "How did you do that? How did you know where I lived? What in the hell is really going on here!?" I stammered. I looked at Blaze and realized he was standing there in shock and disbelief.

Ashton ushered me to sit down next to Blaze on the bed. He grabbed my desk chair and sat down in it backwards. He grabbed one of mine and one of Blaze's hands, forming this connection. I can't really describe the feeling. It was almost like we all shared one body, and I could feel my blood run through their veins. It was just strange. Blaze and I looked at each other, in confusion and then turned our attention to Ashton. "Ok guys, here goes. I am not an ordinary student. Didn't you ever wonder where I came from? Or why I never age?" he started. I looked at him with huge eyes and stammered out... "Oh my god! No, I never even thought about it. I just assumed you were part of our class that we never knew. Oh shit, please continue."

"Ok, well you see me, and the other 3 familiars have been brought to this town by the unfolding of the power here. We placed false memories in your mind to make you think you have known us your whole life. We, however, are mystical beings." I sat there mouth a gape not really believing what I was hearing. He just continued on.

"We can shape shift into anything you need us to, to help you on your path. Whether that be, a human companion, a cat or even just darkness for protection. We were put on the planet to guide and protect the elementals from here through the rest of time. I am thousands of years old and have protected your ancestors for generations. I cannot be killed, but I can be hurt if you are hurt. I am half your soul and half Blazes. The three of us make one complete element. The Fire element."